“Huge portions!”

Mexico City Taqueria
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The restaurant is very small but the food is authentic and huge portions for cheap prices. The non-alcohol drink menu is very limited. Everything from the chips and salsa to the main dish was delicious!

2  Thank Jane R

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Staff here is very courteous and helpful if you don't know a particular dish. Food is good and if pickup is your thing, your order is ready when you get there. Burritos and fajitas are our faves.

1  Thank Jon M
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We have gotten Tacos and other entrees here 4 or 5 times. Flavors are authentic. Tacos are served with 2 soft corn tortillas as wrappers. These are not your normal american style over-stuffed tacos. I usually only eat the inside tortilla so I can get more insides.

1  Thank pschimke
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I am a huge fan of Mexico City Taqueria. This is a small place (with a couple of counter seats) but has a lot of flavor.

They feature of number of items such as burritos, quesadillas, tacos, tortas, and some dinner items such as enchiladas, fajitas, etc.

I am very partia to their tacos. The are "mexican style" tacos - i.e. these are not the loaded up Taco Bell style tacos with tons of letter and tomato to cover up the horrible cheap meat flavor. Instead these are very basic tacos where the flavor shines through - a little onion, a little cilantro, a little salsa and some meat.

I've been going at least once a week for several months now and have sample most of the menu. Some of my favorities:
- if they have the beef tongue tacos, I always get a couple
- chorizo tacos with some guacomole
- pork torta when I'm in the mood for a sandwhich
- enchiladas when I'm in the mood for something more substantial

2  Thank Ashland A