“There's a reason it ranks #1, it is!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Colonel Blackinton Inn

Colonel Blackinton Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Attleboro
Colonel Blackinton Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Attleboro B&B and Inns
Providence
“There's a reason it ranks #1, it is!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Colonel Blackington Inn is the best restaurant in Attleboro, hands down. It's beautiful inside and out, the staff are courteous and helpful and the food is fabulous. I will say, it's a little pricey, so be prepared for that, but it's worth it. Colonel Blackington, we'll be back! Love it! Btw- did not stay over, just went for dinner, so I cannot speak on the Inn portion.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

My family and I stayed at the Colonel Blackington Inn for a family wedding in the area. We stayed in rooms 5, 7, 11 and 12.

The Good.
Everything was clean and well kept. The house is attractively decorated and maintained inside and out and the staff is friendly and helpful. We only ate breakfast there, but everything I ate was wonderful. I especially enjoyed the ham and mushroom quiche on the Sunday Buffet and the french toast I had on Saturday morning was wonderful as well.

The Not So Good
Parking is an issue. There is a valet for the restaurant guests that appears to use his own system of parking cars without regard to the painted lines. This is confusing when trying to park and sometimes makes getting out of the parking lot difficult (we made several 6 and 8 point turns trying to get out of difficult spaces caused by the valet's parking of other cars) We were never left without a space, but if the inn were more full I can easily see that being a problem during dinner service

3 of our rooms were VERY small, so small that 2 adults could not pass each other on any side of the queen bed without someone backing up to a corner or ducking beside the armoire. My brother and sister-in-law had to move the bed off center in order to set up the pack and play for their baby.

Our room, #7, was uncomfortably hot. The staff offered us a fan and advised us to open a window. We did open the window and that helped cool it down, but significantly increased the street noise since #7 faces the main street. Also there were no insect screens on the windows so I was somewhat concerned about letting in lots of mosquitos.

The most frustrating part of our stay was that there is no common sitting area available to inn guests and, since the rooms are so small, you can't sit and visit there. The entire downstairs is seating for the restaurant and the entire upstairs is devoted to inn rooms. Since this was a family trip we wanted to hang out and talk with each other. That was impossible to do at the inn. There is outside seating but since it was rainy the whole time we were there so I'm not sure if that's free or used by the restaurant as well. We spent a fair amount of out stay trying to figure out where to spend the down time between wedding events rather than relaxing at the Inn as we wished we could.

Our stay was over Memorial Day weekend and we checked out Monday. We were disappointed to learn upon checking in that there would be nothing offered for breakfast Monday morning. I understand not having a fully staffed kitchen on a national holiday, but something small and easy would have been nice. Even setting out individual bottles of juice and some bagels and muffins or something we could have grabbed on the way out the door would have been greatly appreciated. After all part of the pull of the bed and breakfast, is breakfast.

Overall, even though we got a reduced rate (I think the groom worked out a group rate or something) I was disappointed. I had been looking forward to staying at a B and B, but the local chain hotel would have been about the same price and easier. I would have missed the yummy breakfast on Sat. and Sun., but they didn't make up for the other frustrations in my mind.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristy D
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Impeccably clean !!! The owner/manager was extremely accommodating. Dinner at the restaurant was scrumptious. The rooms are spotless, and staff is wonderful. The bed/mattress were awesome, so you will get a good nights sleep. I only stayed one night but my experience there exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Ft. Myers FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

It was a beautiful September evening and my party of 7 enjoyed a birthday dinner at the inn. We were seated in a small private porch off of the bar and had a variety of appetizers and entrees. The service was very good and all food was delivered hot and well-prepared. There was a young man singing lounge songs from the 60's and 70's and that added to the atmosphere of the evening. It was a very good meal but I was disappointed in the veal parmesan, it was exactly like something I would have received at The Olive Garden. I wanted my entree to be a notch up, something with an attitude, something with a new "gourmet" twist but alas, it was just plain old veal parmesan with a heavy red sauce and I ate it and it was fine. One of my dinner mates had a fish special and it looked far better than what I was served. The evening was pleasant and everything was fine.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I was in North Attleboroto to pick up a puppy from a local breeder so I stayed only one night in this lovely inn. I enjoyed all aspects of my stay and was particularly pleased with the room upgrade which was an unexpected surprise. My large room filled with natural light faced the main road so the traffic noises were noticeable in the morning but luckily I am an early riser!

For dinner I made a reservation, which is recommended, at the popular restaurant that is located on the main floor. The food and service were both excellent. Breakfast was included with a nice selection of cold and warm dishes served in the dining room at individual tables. The server takes ones order for whatever cooked breakfast one would like...

Room Tip: There is major road construction that might have made finding the Inn a challenge, however there was...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cath_traveller1
Japan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

This beautiful white house is located just outside the center of North Attleboro. A (good) restaurant is located on the premise. While the room was rather comfortable, the bathroom was really small, and noise was a significant issue : the main road is located just a couple of meters in front of the house, so if your room is facing the road, you can expect to be waken up in the early morning. The room was also freezing cold in the morning, as the air conditioning can not be controlled from within the room and was poorly set.
The staff was nice and helpful... but I could not get any warm breakfast in the morning, as the cook did not come!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
New York, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

My overnight stay at the charming Colonel Blackinton Inn was a welcome respite from the Hilton and Marriott hotels I normally stay at during my weekly travels for work. The room was quaint with a wonderfully comfortable bed; so much appreciated when I travel so often. Coutney, my bartender/waitress was friendly, funny, and accommodating; she prepared a special (light!) Cosmo before my delicious salmon dinner. The next morning I had a leisurely breakfast (complimentary) that included eggs, salmon, fruit, etc. As good as the food was, the best part of breakfast was the engaging conversation with Annie, who's been at the Inn for 22 years. Although there is not much to do in the area, I plan to return to the Inn!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank YolandaSNYC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Attleboro
Red Roof Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro
Holiday Inn Express Providence - North Attleboro
Holiday Inn Express Providence -...
#1 of 2 in North Attleboro

Been to Colonel Blackinton Inn? Share your experiences!