“Nestled in the trees”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
California
“Nestled in the trees”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a hard time finding this hotel at first, as you drive down Southbridge St. its easy to miss this hotel, I had to turn around a couple of times before I saw the sign sticking out of a little driveway, but once you find it WoW. The driveway goes up through some trees and on the left side of it is a very large beautiful lake that is so clear you can see the trees reflecting in it. Once we got inside we were greeted by a very friendly clerk, that was so helpful, and had a great personality. There is one elevator that took us to the second floor. The room was very clean and had a very good smell. The beds were so comfortable and those pillows, I wanted to buy one. I would wake up in the morning without a sore neck, they were the best. They place items in your room that are for sale if you like them after you try them out. In our room they had a really nice bed tray, that had cup holders on it, I really liked it but I would not have been able to carry it home on the plane. There are plenty of towels and bath items in the bathroom and if you run out then you just ask for more. If you do not want your room cleaned in the morning then the staff leaves a note on your door telling you that if you need something to just let them know. They offer the free breakfast in the morning which they have a large selection of items to choose from. I definitely will stay at this hotel again when I am in Auburn, I just love the service the cleanliness of the hotel and of course the lake outside.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank zenakitty1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Girard, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stopped here for an overnighter after leaving Boston area. Was pleasantly surprised how clean and spacious our room was, We had a king bed with a couch and desk and chair, a very large refrigerator, microwave, Free parking, free wi/fi and a great breakfast. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Evening desk staff was extremely friendly, helpful and efficient.

Room Tip: would probably say it would be better to stay away from the service areas on the first floor if nois...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cbojewski
Utica, Michigan
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Been staying at this hotel for a 5 weeks now for business. I prefer to stay at Hilton chains and this hotel did not let me down.

The good:
Very clean & well up kept. The rooms are nice and modern. The staff was all very friendly as well. The staff provided very good recommendations for nearby restaurants to visit and etc. Complementary hot breakfast is nice and tasty and will save you the hassle and $$$ of going out in the morning,
The Bad:
Sound insulation in the rooms is on par with a cheap motel! You can hear almost clearly conversations and of your neighbors and what ever they are watching on TV. I don't mean yelling & screaming, just regular conversations. On more then evening I had to turn on my TV to drown out the noise from the neighboring room. The sound of flushing water down the pipes in the walls is also gets annoying. I've stayed in 4 different rooms in this hotel and ALL had this problem.

Room Tip: Avoid the 1st floor, go up to avoid hearing water flushing down the sewer pipes from upstairs rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sveentus
Westmont, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 May 2014

What a great place for an unbelievable price. For only $149 a night, we got a very clean room with a very comfortable king bed. Included in the room fee is free parking, free internet (WiFi) and a very nice breakfast buffet. But wait - there's more. The bathroom was spacious and clean (notice I keep using the word "clean" which is very important); the bath products were Neutrogena (very nice). The pool was wonderful and includes a hot tub. There is a small but very useful exercise room. There are washers and dryers on site. But my very favorite amenity is the fact that there is hot coffee (or tea) available 24 hours a day!!!! And it is GOOD coffee. The staff is pleasant and helpful. This is the second time we have stayed here. We previously stayed at the Hampton in Worcester when visiting family in MA but we find that this Auburn facility is nicer and surrounded by lots of great restaurants and places to see and things to do. We will DEFINITELY be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out at the water, if possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Terri F
rochester, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Excellent hotel-very friendly staff-very clean with updated furniture. Had a great stay and would stay again. Went for a family wedding shower. Hotel was convenient and well maintained. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bartlett, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The property itself and staff were great. Comfortable bedding, clean room, nice breakfast. When I got to my room, I discovered that the wifi did not work. I was traveling on business and had plenty of work to do that night and needed the internet connection. The desk staff was kind enough to connect me to the ATT help desk. After a few diagnostics, we learned that there was a problem with the hardware.

ATT suggested that I ask to be moved to another room. I let the desk know that what the prognosis was and asked to be moved. Despite it only being 5PM, I was told there are no available rooms. As a Hilton Honors Silver member, I was a bit taken back as I felt they surely could have moved me to another room and used my room for a late check in or a no show with the hopes that the wifi would be working by then. As a former member of a hotel staff while in college, I have done this in the past for guests.

The staff offered to comp my room. I explained that I had no problem paying for the room as the room was fantastic. To their credit, the staff insisted and my room was comped. Had the wifi been working, this would have been a perfect stay and I thank the staff for comping the room, but I would have much preferred to have been moved to another room. That being said, I would give this property another chance when back in the area as the hotel itself was great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Norwich, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Good value. Good quality room. Fitness area, pool and good wi fi hookup. Free breakfast could have been better. Parking convenient to room. Plenty of eateries nearby. Easy access from Rte 290/395. Rates seem to vary depending upon when you look them up.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial

Been to Hampton Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!