“Forgot one of our meals; not good service”
Review of Applebee's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We were seated right away. It was a weeknight and not overly crowded. We ordered, and when the food came out they forgot one of our meals completely! When the waitress asked my sister what she had ordered, she told her the name of the meal, and before she could finish what she was saying the waitress finished her sentence and quickly went back to the kitchen. We thought she said the wrong thing, but she didn't come back again for us to confirm until she brought back the wrong meal. Bt this time the rest of us were almost done eating! When my sister told her that wasn't what she ordered, she said she would leave it for her to eat until the correct meal came out. It was a shrimp dish and it didn't taste good, and when the second meal came and it was still wrong, my sister just said "forget it". The waitress didn't call the manager over, and she acted like she was doing my sister a favor for only having her pay for one meal and "allowing" her to keep 2 wrong meals! My sister didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but it really ruined her dinner. And the rest of us felt bad for eating while she had no food, than the wrong meal, and finally a 2nd wrong meal. She took it home hoping her husband would eat it, and she never really ate. They need to teach the waitresses proper customer service. The rest of the food was mediocre.

1  Thank Ercokat

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Pleasantly greeted by the hostess who upon our departure opened the door for us. Nice touch. We ordered the Napa Chicken w/Portobello, and Grilled Jalapeno Lime Shrimp both of which were served as ordered and arrived properly heated. Server was pleasant and attentive.

1  Thank FandB2
Reviewed 23 May 2013

What can I say it is Applebee's, so don't expect fine dining, chain restaurants do not WoW you. Spouse had Shrimp Combo, 4 or 5 fried shrimp and some kind of sauce over the rice and shrimp, menu stated herbs and ale, but still not sure what it was. I had the Napa Chicken with portabello mushrooms, it was okay, it is New England, so of course you get zuchinni with everything. Prices just like anyother chain, not cheap. Waitress Maria, very nice and helpful with ordering. There are other chains in the area, so your choice.

1  Thank MaineFlatlander
Reviewed 1 April 2013

After a long drive on the MA pike we were excited to see a place that we all know and love - Applebee's. We ended up ordering appetizers and dinner as we made this stop last for about 1 1/2 hours.

1  Thank Penny S
Reviewed 5 January 2013

On a recent visit to Applebee's on a Friday night, we were pleased to be seated almost immediately. The waiter was very personable and helpful, but when our entrees were served, they were wrong. The waiter graciously apologized and within 15 minutes, the manager himself delivered our order. But, once again, it was incorrect so my husband and I just exchanged steaks, and proceeded to eat our dinner.
The food was just average, and after having the order incorrect twice, I doubt that we will return to this restaurant any time in the future.

1  Thank Janice B

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!