“Convenient and clean”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Sanford, Michigan
“Convenient and clean”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Had a 1st floor room which was appreciated. Slept well and didn't hear the turnpike. Nice bathroom and amenities and the entire room was very clean. Breakfast was adequate and the dinner suggestion from the helpful staff was right on. It was busy so it's popular.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your time here and we really hope to see you again! We have some new breakfast items coming to add to our breakfast and some other great things happening in the fall! So please stop in next time you are in town!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Maine
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights with a colleague while attending a conference in Sturbridge, MA. The hotel is a 10 minute drive to Sturbridge if you need to be there for some reason. It is also very close to Interstates 290 and 90. Too close, in fact. This hotel is about 100 feet from the highway and this led to a lot of noise entering our room. This made it very difficult to sleep at night. We tried to run the AC to drown out the vehicle noise but the HVAC unit was also fairly loud. This was the main negative with this property, There were many things to like, however, about this Holiday Inn Express. Everyone we encountered was very friendly. The breakfast person asked us both mornings if we needed something else and if everything was good. I appreciated her earnestness. The breakfast quality was above average for a Holiday Inn Express. There was some fresh fruit. The eggs and sausages were hot and fresh. Bread was soft. There was also a cool pancake maker. Our room was very clean and aside from the rather loud HVAC unit, everything worked properly. We were able to watch Red Sox game in HD after a long day of meetings! Would I stay here again? Yes, if the price was low and I needed to be in this location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Douglas A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Greetings and thank you so much for your filling out a review. All of your feedback is of the utmost importance to us. I would like to sincerely apologize for the quality of sleep you received when you stayed with us. It's definitely not the quality we strive to achieve here. We are looking into solutions for the noise problem that we have being so close to the highway. We also are will take a look at our HVAC units to ensure they're running as efficiently and quietly as humanely possible. I do want to thank you for your very kind words regarding the staff here. We all work our hardest in hopes to make your stay the best it can be. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please never hesitate to contact me at dadams@roedelcompanies.com. Thank you once again for your time and your feedback and we hope to see you again.
Maryland USA
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Located right off the highway in Auburn convenient to 290 and 90. Shopping and eating located very close. Was greeted warmly and professionally at the front desk. One elevator, large breakfast area. Had small pantry if you needed anything.
Stayed on the top 4th floor. Room was quiet. Noticed floor had a very nice washer and dryer. It looked well maintained.
Room was average if not a little dated, 32" LCD plenty of channels. Both wired and wireless internet. Desk chair had seen better days. Clothes closet was non existant they utilize an IKEA type of closet built into the TV armoire along with the irron and ironing board. Pillows were awful but that of course is objective to the individual.
Not sure if I would stay again due to the room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Douglas A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hello and thank you ever so much for taking the time to fill out a review! Your feedback is incredibly important to us. We're very sorry you were dissatisfied with some of the ways our rooms are set up. It's our goal to satisfy every guest and we're sorry we didn't quite hit the mark. We've actually just updated all of our pillows to all brand new pillows! So hopefully if you decide to give us another shot you'll find it more comfortable. If you wish to discuss this further you can feel free to contact me at dadams@roedelcompanies.com. Once again thank you for your time and have a great day!
North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hotel was great . The room were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was adequate. However, there is a problem with their telephone system and some people on their staff.
I attempted to use the telephone in the room to schedule a wake-up call. Their telephone had a wake-up call button and also a message waiting button. When I attempted to use the wake-up button which I thought was an automated system, I got message waiting. I called the front desk and made them aware that this function was not working and I needed a 7:00 A.M. wake-up call. The front desk attendant said that he would take care of the call and in fact told me I was all set.
For some reason I looked at my watch at 7:15 in the morning and discovered no wake-up call. This created a little bit of a problem since my wife and I had to leave early to attend a function and we didn't want to be late. When I mentioned this to the staff at the front desk they indicated to me after they apologized that the button on the phone doesn't work, they don't have that feature. There is in fact no wake-up call capacity. The question is-Why an up to date hotel like the Holiday Inn Express does not have this feature, but has it on its phone and it doesn't work.
Why did the person at the front desk tell me I was all set? In fact the phone in the room should not have a button that indicates wake-up call. I can't be the first person to discover this misinformation. My advice--it's a great place to stay, but bring your own alarm clock.

Room Tip: Bring your own wake-up call.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Douglas A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We take any and all feedback very seriously. I would like to first off thank you for your kind words. We're glad to see you like our hotel. Now for the bad part! I want to personally and sincerely apologize for what you went through. It is definitely not the quality of stay that we strive to achieve. I am going to reeducate all of the staff when it comes to wake up calls. We do have both the functionality to do it at the desk and the guests have the ability to set it in the room and I'll be sure the staff all know it and how to do it. If you wish to discuss this further you can always either give us a call or you can contact me at dadams@roedelcompanies.com. Thank you very much for your time and your business. We hope to see you again in the future.
Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

When I am in the Worcester area, I generally stay at this property. I was welcomed back as a returning guest and as a member of the IHG Club. The check in was smooth and easy. The room was clean, quiet and perfectly heated. The property is well kept and clean in the common areas. I will stay here again on my next trip to the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hello and thank you for your time! We appreciate the feedback you have given us! I'm so happy to see that you had such an excellent stay! It's definitely what me and every other member of the staff strives to deliver and we're glad we did. We definitely hope we see you again in the future! We'd love to have you! Once again, thank you ever so much!
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 6 March 2014

this is my second stay here (and my second review), first time it came close to a 5...maybe a 4 1/2...this time a 4 or maybe even a little less. One of the issues remains and that is the fluctuating water temp in the shower, not sure how they resolve that. This time, climate controls worked fine unlike the previous time. However, now I have two more issues. Stayed on a Friday night, Saturday morning went down for breakfast and there was very little remaining. We weren't the last ones down as at least a dozen more people came after us. Hot foods had not been replenished in a while. The woman working the breakfast kept taking empty food trays out, but rarely returned with anything more. It was a Saturday morning people, the hotel was "busy" (as I was told my the front desk clerk when I checked in). Obviously very poor planning on someone's part. Understand, I don't choose my hotels because they offer breakfast, but when they do they should do it right or not at all. This was a little surprising as it was just over a year ago I stayed, again on a Friday night/ Saturday morning and the breakfast was well cared for. Second issue this time was the plowing of the parking lot, very poorly done. I realize that it has been a long and snowy winter (I too live in the northeast), but to not have snow trucked out is uncalled for. Because of the poor plowing, parking spaces were only about 75% of the length they should be making for extremely narrow corridors for cars to pass through and making it difficult to get in and out of parking spaces. All that being said, I would stay again because the hotel is comfortable, clean, quiet and friendly. Typically the price is good too!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Douglas A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to fill out such an extensive review! We appreciate the feedback! I'm very sorry to hear that we didn't live up to the expectations that you had from a previous stay. I will definitely be passing what you have to say about the breakfast to management. We definitely don't want people to have a negative experience just because we are busy! As for the plowing in the parking lot. We did discuss with our plow company better ways we can tackle this issue. Due to the fact that we can't use salt and we're up on a hill it's sometimes hard to manage when we get multiple storms! I'm sorry that this inconvenienced you. We're always trying to come up with ways to make things better. I do thank you for giving us your perspective on it, we will use this information to make your next stay better. Well once again I would like to thank you for your time and you business. If you'd like to further discuss anything I can be reached at my email, dadams@roedelcompanies.com. Thank you very much and I hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 5 in Auburn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn? Share your experiences!