“Excellent location and place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Having flown into Logan,Boston a number of times we decided that Auburn is a good first night location for us to stay en-route to Ontario.

This is the first time we have stayed at this particular hotel and we were very impressed, the hotel was very busy, the car park was pretty full but we found a space at the rear which was no problem.

All staff were very pleasant from check in to breakfast - the room was well maintained and although overlooking a busy road was quiet.

When staying at Auburn again this hotel will be our first choice.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scene-set
Douglas A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hello Scene-set!

Thank you very much for taking your time and writing us a review! We greatly appreciate it! We love all the things you have to say!! I hope you enjoyed your trip to Ontario! This may have been your first stay but we sure hope it isn't your last! Make sure if you want to see us you book early, you know how busy we get! We look forward to seeing you again!!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Auburn

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Room was nice and b-Fast not bad at all. Like Holiday inn express is known. The only complain was that I request late check out an I put the do not disturb sign and the room keeping person come knocking on our door. Even before check out time. So I'm wonder what is the purpose of having the do not disturb sign for. Other than that it was a good overnight stay.

Stayed: June 2014
Douglas A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello Gabriel M,

First and foremost thank you for making us your lodging choice for the evening as well as taking it to the next step and submitting feedback. It's greatly appreciated. I'm so very sorry that happened to you. I'll be looking into this issue to see what happened and what we can do to make sure it never happens again. Once again my sincerest apologies. We thank you for your time and your business and we hope to see you again soon. If there's anything else you'd like to discuss please feel free to contact me at dadams@roedelcompanies.com.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

For the price, is the best buy in the area. I previously stayed at a different brand a couple miles away toward Webster that had a more up to date room but that is now priced beyond reason for what it is. Front desk staff was welcoming and friendly, bed was comfortable, all in working order. Room was clean but feels a little dingy just because of the worn upholstered furniture in the room. Appears to be a hotel that sees a lot of use, e.g., feels worn, but would stay here again for the convenience, price and staff.

Room Tip: pick odd side of building away from the highway (you want to be on the rear side) to avoid highway n...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello NortheastJSj,

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor review! We value any and all feedback. I'm very happy to hear that everything was in working order and such. I would like to apologize for the decor. We are aware of this issue and we are making plans to alleviate this problem. We know a clean, comfortable, warm space is what our guests want and we're working harder than ever to deliver. We thank you very much for kind words, your time and your business. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Would stay here again when in the area. Great value for the price! Staff was out standing! Fran went ou?t of her way during the breakfast area!! I would recommend this hotel to family and friends. Greeting when checking was fantastic!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew P
Douglas A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hello Matthew P!

Thank you ever so much for taking your time to write us a review. Thank you so much for your kind words and your compliments to Fran. I've already passed along your comments to her and she was ecstatic, so thank you! We are always working hard to make sure we deliver superior service everyday and I'm glad that's what we've accomplished here. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My stay at Holiday Inn Express in Auburn, MA was by far the most delightful hotel experience I've had for the price. For context I travel for the majority of my work and have stayed in countless rooms all over the country and abroad.

My check-in (to a room reserved under a different name) was quick and painless with the help of Alyssa behind the desk -- who without prompting noticed I was with another coworker and suggested she could switch our rooms to be nearby and gave a detailed and pleasant description of the hotel and its amenities. She also continued to be extremely helpful and courteous throughout the duration of my two-week stay.

Also at the counter, Kyle gave recommendations on running trails in the local area and provided quick and attentive service when my air conditioner stopped blowing cold air.

Ed, the maintenance man, made it to my room faster than I could ride the elevator back myself. He quickly decided not to try and troubleshoot the a/c and rather just brought up another so I could have one working while he fixed it. Literally within 10 minutes he had the old one out and a new one installed and blowing cold air. Aside from that, he made fantastic company during the quick replacement.

Holiday Inn Express will have my guaranteed business when I return to Auburn, and it's worth your's as well.

Room Tip: The tip on running trails if you're curious is Hodges Dam - about 10 mins south of the hotel on...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

That is just great! I am beyond thrilled to hear this review! Thank you so much for recognizing us on Trip Advisor! Our management and staff just love people. We have the right people in the business to make all of our guests beyond satisfied and feel like they have a home away from home. One of our core values is to deliver superior quality and service every day. And this is exactly what transpired on your stay. Thank you again, and we hope to see you if you are traveling through in the future! Next time, please introduce yourself to me, I would love to meet you!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you need a clean, pleasant place to stay in the middle of nowhere but close to places like Sturbridge, Worcester, etc. Massachusetts, this is it. Spotless. Very, very well trained, efficient front desk staff, one of the better HI Express breakfasts, for some reason, reliable, free wifi, and good beds and pillows, air temp control, etc. Just a really dependable, pleasant place to stay if you need to be in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you so much!!! We really are happy that we were able to meet all of your needs during your stay! We strive to be the best we can be for all of our guests, as we want to be that home away from home. Cleanliness is key, as well as the friendliness and efficiency of our front desk staff, many of them who have been here for a long time. We have added some new things to our already big breakfast, and that breakfast is loved by all as we have healthy food and the vacation time food! Something for every palate! We hope you stay in the area again so we can see you again! Next time you're in ask for me, I would love to meet you!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel had the location we needed after a night game at Fenway and before a Sunday morning graduation in Western Mass. The hotel was nice overall and the room was big and comfortable, but power outlets were tough to locate where we needed them. The free breakfast was OK, at best. I'd say we got our money's worth, though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 66Darrell
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that you were satisfied, but it sounds like there was more for you to attain towards this. I apologize for that. And I totally understand the issue with the electrical hookups. In this day and age, we need more for all of our necessary gadgets. We are working on that situation, however. Our breakfast is quite extensive with our hot and cold items and we are frequently adding new and healthier items. So I hope in the future if you stay again, you will be able to taste some of the newer things we have on our menu. However, we will probably still have all the hot items, the eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, as well as our signature cinnamon rolls, cereals, pastries, pancakes, etc. So we certainly don't plan on downsizing our breakfast that's for sure! Please contact us if we can do anything else for you, and we would love to have you stay again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 5 in Auburn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn? Share your experiences!