All reviewsfront deskwafflesroom was cleanmarriott hotelsdunkin donutsfresh fruitsmall fitness roomthis past weekendpool and hot tubnext morningbaseball tournamentrecommend staying herewould stay here againcoffee makerstayed one nightbusiness tripparking lot
Reviewed 27 January 2014

As expected, this Fairfield Inn is just fine. Nothing unexpected, nothing unusual. Good location, right off the interstates, close to restaurants. Good value (about $130), breakfast starts at 6:30 (but I left at 5:00 so I just zipped across the street to Dunkin Donuts for coffee.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 21 January 2014

After finding out that my brother had passed away, I was in need of a room to stay in since I had a distance to travel. My experience with the Fairfield Inn began when I called the 1-800 numbe I found on the hotel site. I explained my situation and they explained to me that there was a special bereavement rate and that it was less than the AAA rate I was going to use. The woman on the other end of the phone was so kind. When we checked in(they allowed us an early check in as well) the gentleman at the front desk was very kind. I noticed how clean the lobby was the minute I came thru the door. The room was a king bed room, simple but very clean. The style of the rooms are modern and the bathroom was roomy and very clean. The pool and hot tub area were very nice and there is a small fitness room right off the pool area. The complimentary breakfast was very good, loved the waffles. My stay was brief and under sad circumstances, but the staff made our stay nice. Thank you all, I wish I had gotten your names. I would definitely stay at another Fairfield in the future, hopefully they are all as nice as this one was. Its the little things like the way the rooms even smelt clean that make a difference.

Room Tip: I had a room 102 which was near another entrance. being near the road I was surprised how quiet it was.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank loffi4
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My stay at the Fairfield Inn was great; comfortable room, free breakfast, friendly front desk staff. It wasn’t until after I checked out I experienced a major problem.

Upon arriving home from my trip, I realized I left my daughters NorthFace jacket behind in the closet. I immediately called the hotel to claim it, only to find the front desk associate had already given the jacket to someone else.

I spoke to the general manager who said a woman came into the hotel, said she stayed in room 101 and claimed she left a hot pink NorthFace jacket behind in the closet. The manager said she described the jacket to a ‘T’. The front desk associate gave the lady the jacket.

The manager then reviewed the security cameras to identify the individual who claimed the jacket. After comparing a picture of me against the security video, it was evident they gave the jacket to the wrong person. On video, the front desk associate never verified the women’s ID, to make sure she was the person who was really staying in room 101.

Never in my life have I had this happen to me. I would expect if I leave an item behind at a hotel, they should be trusted with securing the item until being claimed. This hotel obviously has a problem with theft by their staff.

Needless to say, the manager was extremely apologetic about the situation and refunded my entire hotel stay, although I’m still out money for a new jacket, which was a Christmas gift for my daughter.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jennifersF899LF
Reviewed 7 January 2014

After the glowing reviews I read here, I booked a night here for my family. Typical old style hotel room, appearing to be an older building. Room was clean and acceptable. Breakfast was good, with selection including bacon and well attended. Pool was small but nice. Front desk employee tried to get us to upgrade us for a charge, but did not offer any sort of discount. Hotel was very quiet.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for an overnight stop passing through the area. Clean new and quiet hotel. Breakfast was solid and desk staff was pleasant. Easy to locate... heat was on in the room on a 20 degree night. Good location and access. What more can u ask for?

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephen K
Neil D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

We appreciate your kind feedback that you gave about your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. We would love to hear from you before your next trip to Auburn. We certainly take a lot of pride in the service that we provide and hope that you have a wonderful holiday season!