“Perfect for overnight stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Falls Church, VA
“Perfect for overnight stay”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Clean, modern, attractive public spaces and comfortable room. Appears to be newish or newly renovated. Nice free breakfast spread. Very convenient to highway. Met all needs and, really, provides all you could ask for in an overnight stay on a long road trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Framework

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Just spent a night here for my cousins wedding. Room was clean and the breakfast was good. The staff was all very nice. The one thing they could improve is the pool. The room was really noisy from the heater...not a small noise...a very loud noise. Not very relaxing. I would would for sure stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda M
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Very nice. I was in town on business. When I arrived they upgraded me to a suite.
Very clean and the atmosphere was conducive to get a lot if paperwork done. The breakfast the next day which is included in the price if the room was also pretty good. Staff is nice, good parking, easy to get in and out of. I would recommend if you are in the area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Brusta60
Williamstown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 January 2014

As expected, this Fairfield Inn is just fine. Nothing unexpected, nothing unusual. Good location, right off the interstates, close to restaurants. Good value (about $130), breakfast starts at 6:30 (but I left at 5:00 so I just zipped across the street to Dunkin Donuts for coffee.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TCWilliamstown
Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 January 2014

After finding out that my brother had passed away, I was in need of a room to stay in since I had a distance to travel. My experience with the Fairfield Inn began when I called the 1-800 numbe I found on the hotel site. I explained my situation and they explained to me that there was a special bereavement rate and that it was less than the AAA rate I was going to use. The woman on the other end of the phone was so kind. When we checked in(they allowed us an early check in as well) the gentleman at the front desk was very kind. I noticed how clean the lobby was the minute I came thru the door. The room was a king bed room, simple but very clean. The style of the rooms are modern and the bathroom was roomy and very clean. The pool and hot tub area were very nice and there is a small fitness room right off the pool area. The complimentary breakfast was very good, loved the waffles. My stay was brief and under sad circumstances, but the staff made our stay nice. Thank you all, I wish I had gotten your names. I would definitely stay at another Fairfield in the future, hopefully they are all as nice as this one was. Its the little things like the way the rooms even smelt clean that make a difference.

Room Tip: I had a room 102 which was near another entrance. being near the road I was surprised how quiet it w...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank loffi4
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My stay at the Fairfield Inn was great; comfortable room, free breakfast, friendly front desk staff. It wasn’t until after I checked out I experienced a major problem.

Upon arriving home from my trip, I realized I left my daughters NorthFace jacket behind in the closet. I immediately called the hotel to claim it, only to find the front desk associate had already given the jacket to someone else.

I spoke to the general manager who said a woman came into the hotel, said she stayed in room 101 and claimed she left a hot pink NorthFace jacket behind in the closet. The manager said she described the jacket to a ‘T’. The front desk associate gave the lady the jacket.

The manager then reviewed the security cameras to identify the individual who claimed the jacket. After comparing a picture of me against the security video, it was evident they gave the jacket to the wrong person. On video, the front desk associate never verified the women’s ID, to make sure she was the person who was really staying in room 101.

Never in my life have I had this happen to me. I would expect if I leave an item behind at a hotel, they should be trusted with securing the item until being claimed. This hotel obviously has a problem with theft by their staff.

Needless to say, the manager was extremely apologetic about the situation and refunded my entire hotel stay, although I’m still out money for a new jacket, which was a Christmas gift for my daughter.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jennifersF899LF
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 7 January 2014

After the glowing reviews I read here, I booked a night here for my family. Typical old style hotel room, appearing to be an older building. Room was clean and acceptable. Breakfast was good, with selection including bacon and well attended. Pool was small but nice. Front desk employee tried to get us to upgrade us for a charge, but did not offer any sort of discount. Hotel was very quiet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 5 in Auburn
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn? Share your experiences!