“Home cooking”

Chuck's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chuck's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt 20
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our meal at Chuck's. The food was very good. I had Yankee pot roast which was served over mashed potatoes. It tasted like a Sunday dinner but I didn't have to cook it or clean up. It's always consistently good food and drinks. I highly recommend Chuck's to anyone.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Is the building a steakhouse, a library, a Mexican restaurant, or a pool room. Call Robert Irvine! Server was sweet and the martini was passable. Salad bar lackluster. Soup? Bread was fresh. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes were hot but very little seasoning and the gravy not fresh or made in house. Carmelized onions and mushrooms... not so much. There are other choices along that strip of road - go to one of them instead. :-(

1  Thank Seacoastbreeze
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Whilst visiting Auburn MA we went to Chucks after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. I ordered the prime rib that was great. Juicy and red just how I like it. My wife ordered the broiled haddock with breadcrumb crust. This came nicely browned, but when she cut into it, the middle was raw, not even hot. The waitress immediately took it away and returned several minutes later with it cooked! My wife was by now unable to finish the meal, and on seeing this the very apologetic waitress took it off the bill. Apart from this, the surroundings and food and drink choices were good, and I would not deter anyone else from going.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had a family get together for 17 people, including 4 children. They put us in the library in a corner and it was as good as a private room. The waitresses were very attentive, the drinks were terrific and the food everyone ordered was delicious. Our party lasted over 3 hours and everyone said how wonderful it was. Can't wait to eat there again.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We celebrate all our family birthdays etc. as the service is excellent and it is very family orientled. We do like the soup and salad bar . Love the menu, now that we can order Southwest dishes.