“Dog friendliest! But a great clean value even without a pet”

La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Most dog friendly hotels have their downside, but not this one. It was the best in every way. The breakfast could be skipped if you need more than raisin bran ;)

• Stayed: July 2011
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester

Reviewed 20 July 2011

The service I experienced was mixed:

1. Staff was nice upon arrival
2. Whenever I called downstairs the phone was answered less than 50% of the time (and I let it ring more than 6 times)
3. Bath tub drained poorly and eventually clogged on second night
4. Maintenance did come and fix immediately next morning
5. Carpet in hallways are not vacuumed regularly
6. Hotel allows pets (you can't allow pets and not vacuum public areas regularly)
7. Bath tub was not properly cleaned from last guest stay
8. Bed was very comfortable
9. A/C worked great
10. TV was 37" LCD, had great picture and all HD channels (lots of channels too)
11. Internet was wireless and very slow (500-750 kbps) and only good for basic browsing, emailing. I could not watch HBOgo.com
12. Curtains do not properly block out light, but may suffice for most people
13. Room had no alarm clock (that was really odd)
14. Only 2 body, hand and face towels (most hotels do 3, but maybe it is just me)

The location is decent, right off highway (traffic noise, although windows are doubled for sound insulation), down the street from a small mall, has a coffee shop very close, and has a few restaurants and stores within 1/4 - 1/2 mile; all trips (except coffee shop and mall) will require a car.

There are no amenities to the hotel; I did not notice a workout room, there is no pool and business center consists of a desk in the middle of the lobby with that horrible wi-fi service that I couldn't seem to get to work when I tried accessing the internet.

Room Tip: Consider top floors and rear rooms are probably quieter than those facing street/highway
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This is our second visit to this property and we'll definitely be back. Rates are very reasonable. Continental breakfast is fabulous. Best feature is that it is PET FRIENDLY. Rooms are decent and location is great

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I really don't know what people are complaining about. This hotel is bar far the most reasonable hotel in the area. It's not a 5 star hotel but it's not meant to be. I was looking for a hotel that took pets and this was the only one. I was here for a one night stay while my daughter was at a college overnight and it was just right. Based on comments I was expecting the room to be in really bad shape but it was fine. Beds comfortable, TV had a timer, bathroom was clean. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Martha5555
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I chose this hotel based on price and the fact that pets were accepted as I was traveling with my two cats. Maybe the room I got was a designated pet room but the carpet was extremely stained and stretched out to the point that there were big wrinkles in it. Unfortunately, I had to get on my hands and knees to get my cats out from under the bed and was amazed by how really dirty the carpet was. It really looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a long time. Since I live with two cats I understand that they may cause some extra cleaning. Seems the hotel didn't realize that. It was quiet and I was there to sleep as I was on a long road trip. The location was close to the Mass Pike and that was a good location for me. I think the facility needs some attention and rooms need to be cleaned.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2010

My wife and I stayed at the La Quinta in Auburn, Massachusetts on the night of August 10th, on our way to Pennsylvania.

We stayed in one of their suites and were more than satisfied. I wouldn't describe it as plush, but we didn't expect it to be. The suite was much larger than we had expected. The staff was cordial, and the suite was clean, comfortable, and the Internet access worked, which is always an important consideration for us.

Not only would I recommend it to others, but we intend to stay there again on our way back to Maine.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I travelled from California for a wedding and decided to go with the reasonable priced hotel. The rooms were clean and comfy. We had no problems for the first couple of nights but on the day before I left my I Pod was stolen from my room. This occured during the daily turning of the sheets. When I confronted management about this, they could have cared less!! I was told that since the maid had been there for a few years, that she would have never done such a thing. After repeated calls since,I have been completely avoided by management. This is a poorly managed hotel and I advise who anyone stays there to NEVER leave anything valuable in the rooms or you will become a victim of the shady maids!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank TravellingFamily82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
Quality Inn & Suites Worcester
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 5 in Auburn
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester

Been to La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester? Share your experiences!