“You get what you pay for!”

La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Not a bad place to stay for one night. I wouldn't stay more then that though. My kids went to a concert at DCU and this was close and affordable. The room was small and stunk of smoke even though it was non-smoking. Staff at check out was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed here one night while visiting area colleges. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room and the public areas were clean. There was a smell of cleaner in the hallway that other reviewers mentioned, but wasn't overwhelming and was a good sign that the place was clean. The beds and pillows were a surprisingly above average comfortable for a hotel of this class. The queen room we had was spacious and the flat screen TV also above average in size for the hotel class. Convenient microwave and fridge in room. It was quiet and comfortable. There was a small desk/printer in the lobby if you needed. Appreciated the 24 hour tea/coffee/hot chocolate available.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I are in the area from Arizona due to a family health emergency. We checked into the hotel around 12:30 midnight. At no time were we told that they have the police station do a quick background check on you. Nor does it say that anywhere in the paper when you check in. Needless to say at around 2 am there is a loud knock on the door in the room and it was the Auburn police, they were there to pick up my husband on a stupid warrant he had here in Massachusetts for driving on a suspended license from back in 2007. He was taken out in handcuffs, and we lost the $111 we payed for the night because if you get arrested there you have to leave the hotel. When I asked the officer if that happens often he said all the time an most nights they can go there more than 4 times. Total and completely unprofessional, the girl at the front desk would not go face me when I wanted answers about the type of business they do. Never ever again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DELEONROSA143
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had no power at the hotel. There was no lighting of any kind. The hallways were pitch dark and you literally could not see five feet in front of you. There was no heat. It was very cold. We were told that since we checked in and entered our rooms that we could not get a refund. We were not offered extra blankets or any kind of lights. The manager on duty went home for the night and left the guests in the dark with a young defenseless girl to handle a lobby of upset complaining guests. After hours in the dark, the girl called the manager for numerous guests to speak to by telephone. The manager was unbelievably rude and refused again to give our money back. This was an awful experience. I would not ever recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank CFOoftheHappyHouse
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We arrived to no electricty, no hot water, no heat etc. Understandably hesitant, the front desk assured us power should be back on within a hour, so we checked in - IN THE DARK.
Half the emergency lighting was not working, we were not offered a flashlight or extra blankets for warmth. We had to go to local supermarket to get flashlights and ice.
After 6+ hours w/o electricity , we asked hotel conceirge to help us locate another hotel or takeout places to feed our children Ages ranged 11month to 16 yrs old. Hotel staff unwilling to help. We were told if we left now, we would be charged for our room.
Power finally on, never were we checked on or offered anything to help with the chaos, we travel (5 families) all over NE from Jan-May for All-Star Cheerleading and we have all cancelled the rest of our LQ reservations....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed solo on a personal trip to visit my daughter who works in the next town. I got lost because instead of following the hotel directions, i used my gps and it took me the wrong way on the road the hotel is on. Joyce was on duty and could not have been more gracious and patient with me. I had to call back 3 times and she was lovely and slowly talked me through the confusing parts of the directions (the road splits under a bridge and I was unsure if i was going in the right direction) and when i finally arrived, she was really happy I made it in one piece! This hotel is neat and clean and comfy. Gets an A+ in customer service. I called at 8:58 to inquire about breakfast that ended at 9am and they held it open for an extra half hour so as to be sure that I and a few other guests had enough to eat. I would recommend this hotel. Just be mindful that your gps may play tricks on you and take you toward Worcester instead of Auburn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrea Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Quality Inn & Suites Worcester
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 5 in Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Worcester
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn

Been to La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester? Share your experiences!