“Stinky”

La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Shower curtains were soured- made the room very stinky. Cleaning staff needs to be made aware that they should leave the curtains spread open and not all bunched up together after cleaning the shower. Otherwise the overall experience was good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Nonsmoking rooms still smell of smoke; if you hate the smoke choose instead a completely smokefree hotel. Rather shabby. Next time I will choose a smokefree hotel and there are PLENTY in the area. Breakfast is underwhelming.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here as part of a multi state baseball tour. This hotel provided all the basics at a reasonable price, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast was adequate. I would recommend this hotel for all cost conscience travelers.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Needed a room for a night and have a large dog. This hotel was at a convenient location for my travels, all La Quintas take dogs, rooms are reasonably priced, and no extra charge for the dog. You do need to ask for a "dog" room.

The hotel looks a little shabby on the outside, but inside it's quite presentable. Room seemed clean (except slight smell of mildew in bathroom - it was time for a new shower curtain; no mold visible, but it was apparent that it had been washed a lot), great water pressure, very comfy king bed, large room, & okay breakfast (terrible coffee, but there's a Dunkin Donuts right down the rd).

We have stayed here before and will return.

If you need dinner try Bentleys Pub down the road about a mile or two - reasonable & good food, large portions, interesting beer on tap, serves till late, really good large lobster roll.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I needed rooms for a wedding and booked 5 rooms. Upon arrival the entire place smelled of cigarette smoke. One room had wet carpet which fouled the whole room. The hotel was booked solid due to a major event. Staff was rude and could not have cared less we were there. Mentioned the room the next morning and got a rude response with a promise of a credit which I've not seen yet.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank morrishouse1276
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The worst part about this hotel would be the exterior/ lobby. It's a little grungy looking. We stopped in for the night on our way to Six Flags New England. The room itself seemed clean, and I was pleasently suprised with it. We had two beds in our room, however one made a loud creaking noise with any movement.The toilet did not flush properly, and the bathroom seemed a little run down. Our room was smoke-free, however the hallways smelt quite strongly of smoke.
I got an extremely cheap rate for this room on priceline. For 73$ a night, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MacDNB2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My room actually smelled of cigarette smoke so bad that I asked for another room but was told that the inn was fully booked and it was not possible to change me to another room. It was too late to find another hotel and the smell was so bad that I couldn't sleep. Or, catch a full breath. I actually considered sleeping in my car in the parking lot.
Plus, the carpeted floor in front of the sink was wet and that was a surprise when I stepped on it in my stocking feet - made me wonder why it was wet and from what. I pushed that thought out of my mind while I tried to breath through the cigarette stench. Find another hotel if you can.

Room Tip: It will be in another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Auburn
Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
Quality Inn & Suites Worcester
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 5 in Auburn
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester

Been to La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester? Share your experiences!