“Can't get any worse” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 49 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Description: Pepper in Some Flavor with our anything but ordinary menu. From starterslike our Southwestern Eggrolls, to Guiltless Grill® entrees like ourCarne Asada Steak, our signature dishes will make your mouth water.Famous double-basted Baby Back Ribs, sizzling fajitas, Big MouthBurgers®, Margarita Presidente®, grilled steaks and BonelessBuffalo Wings. Whatever you order, you'll discover that Chili'salways puts a tasty twist on the familiar.When was the last time you were excited for Monday? Get adouble or single order of Classic Chicken, Steak or ComboFajitas grilled to perfection, served sizzling with onions,bell peppers and the works. Also, relax with drink specialson both Top-Shelf and Caribbean Margaritas.It's Fajita Rita Monday, all day, every Monday.For our pint-sized patrons, check out our Pepper Pals®kids' menu of fun foods kids love.
Charlton, Massachusetts
“Can't get any worse”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Let's see, where to begin. How about when we (an older couple) walked in and were seated next to a family with loud young kids celebrating one of the kids' birthday, even though the restaurant was 90% empty. The server arrived within 15 seconds after we sat down and asked if we were ready to order (the first of only two times in the whole experience she was prompt) before we had even picked up our menus. We said we needed more time, and she returned in another 15 seconds, when we were still basically opening the menus. Tried to order broccoli, which was on the menu but, we were informed, they don't actually have it anymore. I ordered an iced tea, which was warm enough that the ice melted on contact and was so bitter that it was impossible to drink. After ordering we waited for a long time to get our food because, as it turns out, the kitchen "forgot a side," even though the meals come with two sides. So, we ate. Then the empty plates sat on the table for at least 10 minutes after we finished. Flagged several people down asking them to send over our server with the check. She finally arrived and told us that she had left the building to deliver an order to a hotel, and told her manager to send someone over to check on us. Needless to say, nobody ever did. The manager stopped by and took $8.00 off our $25.00 check, which included a $2.40 charge for a drink we never ordered! She also gave us some coupons for free nachos and salsa, which any real Mexican restaurant will give you for free anyway. Oh, and the bathroom had a very dirty toilet, along with a sign on the door that told diners to let them know if the bathroom was dirty. Not our job, but clearly not their job either. Needless to say, we left the coupons on the table as we have no intention of ever going back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
chris_parker924, General Manager at Chili's Grill & Bar, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to offer your comments. It is only through guest feedback, be it positive or negative, which allows us to know if we are meeting our goal of “total guest satisfaction”. I was disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet our goal on your last visit, I was particularly disappointed to hear of the circumstances surrounding your dissatisfaction, and for that, I would offer my apology. I have acted to insure that this does not happen again. It is my intention to insure that this experience does not prevent you from joining us again. I would like to invite you in for dinner on me. Please give me a call at your convenience.
Sincerely yours,
Chris Parker

“Cold Food - Cheap Quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I called in a to go order of mixed fajitas and nachos. First off the nachos did not have the bean dip on them and the cheese was oily cheap cheese.

The nachos were ICE cold. Clearly they do not cook your food fresh, but microwave it, this time they forgot. The chicken was barely cooked. In addition, the pico smelled like it was rotten.

I called the manager who is supposedly sending me a gift card, but I don't even want to go back to use it.

They should be embarrassed at the food they put out. I fed the meat to my dogs and tossed the rest. Gross.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
chris_parker924, Owner at Chili's Grill & Bar, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to speak with my assistant manager and offer your comments. She did tell me about your experience. It is only through guest feedback, be it positive or negitive, which allows us to know if we are meeting our goal of “total guest satisfaction”. I was disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet our goal on your last visit, I was particularly disappointed to hear of the circumstances surrounding your dissatisfaction, and for that, I would offer my apology. I understand your frustration to see that your take out order was not completed as ordered. I have acted to insure that this does not happen again. We do take a lot of pride in our food. It is my intention to insure that this experience does not prevent you from joining us again. As promised we did send you some coupons to cover the meals and some. I hope you give us another try. Please ask for me so that I thank you in person for bring this situation to my attention.
Chris Parker
Boston, Massachusetts
“The BEST chicken wings in Central Massachusetts !! (:”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Always fresh, & always delicious !! The place is packed every night, & especially on weekends, when the college kids come down to Green Island !! (:

Visited April 2013
Auburn, Massachusetts
“Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

We love Chilis Fajitas. I cant come close making them at home. Chips and Salsa are the best. Cheap cold drafts and a great selection of margarita's. Just ask for John and Kat behind the bar most weekends.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Buenos Aires
“Missed the big ribs that Dubai Chili's offer.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

As the title says, we were looking forward to a meal of big ribs. But it must be that Dubai serves beef ribs, and not pork, so US Chili's don't offer them. So, our meal was OK, nothing special. We had a problem with our credit card, and there was a little fun and games, getting access to a phone to call the CC company to sort it out, but eventually it was sorted out.

Visited June 2012