When I first arrived, I was impressed with the lobby and that staff member that was working. My impression of the hotel quickly declined.
1) The area by the elevator was cluttered with the luggage carts. It made getting into the elevator very difficult especially if you had someone coming off the elevator.
2) I was on floor two, the walls were all in need of a major painting and cleaning. There was no sign to indicate which way to the rooms or which way the numbers of the rooms would run.
3) I had an executive suite. Not sure what made it executive suite. It had a queen bed, bathroom, love seat, refrigerator, and desk. The room was clean.
4) The room is wired that when you turn off the lights the power is killed to the lower outlets. Great concept except for this little issue: The TV, refrigerator, microwave and alarm clock were all plugged into the lower outlets. If someone at the desk would have told me this, I could have fixed the issue. My milk, yogurt were soured. Since this is the 21st century and people travel with electronics, where does the hotel expect you to charge your tools?? How about the bathroom? That is where I had to charge my cellphone and iPad. If the hotel is going to have this type of electrical wiring, I would suggest that they have a charging station so items can be charged away from WATER.
5) The bed was horrible hard and the pillows not very comfortable. They were more like over stuffed throw pillows.
6) The shower was clean, powerful and very warm water.
7) Some of the towels were nice and white and others were dingy looking.
8) The staff was pleasant especially the night staff. The day staff was pleasant but not helpful. The person assumed I was asking for a discount on the room because I wasn't pleased with the electric in the room. I never asked or implied that.
9) The location is easy on and off of Mass turnpike. The mall is down the street (make a left out of the parking lot - mall is on the right).
10) There is a few resturants down the street as well as a CVS. Make a right out of the drive and continue straight).
11) There is a staples in the same parking as the hotel.
12) The lamp on the desk did not work for plugging your laptop in even with the lights on.
The hotel needs to be updated. I would stay here again even with the issues. Now I know to bring a power strip so I can charge in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complete renovation 2014 including new bathrooms, carpet and wall vinyl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Auburn
- Comfort Inn Auburn
- Auburn Comfort Inn