“Best hotel in Auburn area”

Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
MADISON
“Best hotel in Auburn area”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This is the place you want to stay in Auburn MA area.
The room was great, hotel staff actually asked you every time they saw you what they could do for you.
They called taxis for me, looked up places for me in the local yellow pages, mades copies for me at no charge.
knowledgable of area places to eat, which were spot on their review.

Room Tip: just tell them what you like they will get it for you
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I started checking hotels in August, while planning a Sept. trip to Worcester for parents' weekend at a local college. All the rooms were already booked in Worcester, so we ended up in this hotel in Auburn. The hotel lobby was pleasant enough and the desk attendants were welcoming and friendly. The elevator and hallways were somewhat dingy. The room was clean and spacious. A basic breakfast buffet is included at the hotel, however we did not partake. Overall, it was a good value. This hotel is convenient enough to all colleges in the Worcester area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We stayed two nights here last weekend while attending events at Holy Cross College. Its location was very convenient to the college, and check-in was a snap. Jackie was at the desk and was very friendly and efficient. And the lobby area is very nice--fireplace, seating area, lots of books, and a computer for guest use.

It was a very warm day, and our room faced west--but the air conditioner was already running when we entered, providing cool relief. We had a standard room with two double beds. The furnishings were fairly new, and the bathroom was nice and large. We had lots of channels on the flat-screen TV; wi-fi was free and easily accessed. I even used the iron and ironing board--no glitches.

I was a little worried that, since we were right off the lobby, we might get a lot of noise. That didn't happen, even though the hotel appeared to be nearly full. Breakfast started at 6am, but we were undisturbed.

This was the perfect place for us since we didn't need anything fancy, and weren't planning on a swimming pool and/or hot tub. I recommend it for a business stop in Worcester or a quick overnight stop when heading to the Boston area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fron face west--the back side might be cooler during the summer.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank agoneil
Bandera, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn, Auburn, MA one night while on business in the area. I was well satisfied with the value of the room for this area and the efficient staff. I will stay here again when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 31 August 2012

When I first arrived, I was impressed with the lobby and that staff member that was working. My impression of the hotel quickly declined.

1) The area by the elevator was cluttered with the luggage carts. It made getting into the elevator very difficult especially if you had someone coming off the elevator.

2) I was on floor two, the walls were all in need of a major painting and cleaning. There was no sign to indicate which way to the rooms or which way the numbers of the rooms would run.

3) I had an executive suite. Not sure what made it executive suite. It had a queen bed, bathroom, love seat, refrigerator, and desk. The room was clean.

4) The room is wired that when you turn off the lights the power is killed to the lower outlets. Great concept except for this little issue: The TV, refrigerator, microwave and alarm clock were all plugged into the lower outlets. If someone at the desk would have told me this, I could have fixed the issue. My milk, yogurt were soured. Since this is the 21st century and people travel with electronics, where does the hotel expect you to charge your tools?? How about the bathroom? That is where I had to charge my cellphone and iPad. If the hotel is going to have this type of electrical wiring, I would suggest that they have a charging station so items can be charged away from WATER.

5) The bed was horrible hard and the pillows not very comfortable. They were more like over stuffed throw pillows.

6) The shower was clean, powerful and very warm water.

7) Some of the towels were nice and white and others were dingy looking.

8) The staff was pleasant especially the night staff. The day staff was pleasant but not helpful. The person assumed I was asking for a discount on the room because I wasn't pleased with the electric in the room. I never asked or implied that.

9) The location is easy on and off of Mass turnpike. The mall is down the street (make a left out of the parking lot - mall is on the right).

10) There is a few resturants down the street as well as a CVS. Make a right out of the drive and continue straight).

11) There is a staples in the same parking as the hotel.

12) The lamp on the desk did not work for plugging your laptop in even with the lights on.

The hotel needs to be updated. I would stay here again even with the issues. Now I know to bring a power strip so I can charge in the room.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Our car broke down and we were unexpectedly found in Auburn, Ma. instead of Wells Beach, Maine on Sun. 7/29 . This establishment was within walking distance for my husband to check on how repairs were coming. Sunday afternoon we were told that we would be out by 11-12 latest on Monday morning. We knew that our check-out time was 11 a.m. Unfortunately various problems lead to the car repairs not being complete until around 5:30 p.m. I have severe arthritis, so even with my cane, it was too long and painful a walk for me to go to the Service Center. I sat in the lobby and waited. After an hour I explained my plight to the desk clerk and then the General Mgr., Brian McNally.I was told not to worry and that I could feel free to sit in the lobby and wait. I watched how hard the staff worked to keep the property well-maintained for their guests. We were very pleased with the courtesy and help offered by everyone and also our top-notch accomodations. We also enjoyed the lovely breakfast that was provided. If ever you need a nice place to stay in Auburn-this is it. You are made to feel very welcome.- Peggi

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Richmond, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I've been staying at this Comfort Inn, on and off for business for the past two years. The very helpful staff goes out of their way to accommodate adjustments to my work schedule and room requests. The rooms are always clean, nice TVs, heat and A/C work great. Comfort is what you'll find at the Auburn, MA Comfort Inn!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Auburn
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 5 in Auburn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Quality Inn & Suites Worcester
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester

Been to Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester? Share your experiences!