“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very good and attentive staff, clean, and beautifully furnished lobby. Breakfast well done. located very close to interstate highways and very good restaurants near- by. I will stay here next year when I attend the same event as this year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I found the staff pleasant and the best part of my stay.

The room itself was ok, nothing special.
First thing I noticed was an excess of air freshener. Not altogether terrible just
very noticeable. There were also a number of cigarette burns in the comfortor.
Doesn't leave the best impression.

What left a bad taste in my mouth was the $1 charge for the safe.
I wasn't even aware we had a safe. We certainly didn't use it even if it did exist.
Why nickel and dime your customer? If a business wants to make a few extra bucks then charge it up-front.

That being said, our stay was fine and would be suitable for all but the fussiest of travelers.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SteveB15
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here for one night recently. When we checked in, it was a bit crazy because there was only one employee working behind the desk and he was doing several things at once. He even forgot to have me sign the necessary paperwork. Our room was on the first floor and I regret not specifying that I wanted to a quiet room when making the reservation. Our room happened to be next to one of the exit doors. I could hear people coming in and out of it all night. Also, as some other people have mentioned, the walls are paper thin. I could hear people talking and even heard one person getting sick. I hope he/she was ok. When I went to use the bathroom sink and turned on the hot water, it sounded like a street drill. Apparently there was something wrong with the pipes. The next morning we woke up early to take advantage of the free “hot” continental breakfast. The breakfast only consisted of yogurt, cereal, toast, pastries and waffles. There was a sign in the breakfast area that notified guests that no scrambled eggs or meat was available. I guess someone underestimated the amount of food that needed to be ordered. I’ve stayed in many Comfort Inns and this is by far one of the worst ones I’ve stayed at.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mrmouse32
London, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were in transit when we found this hotel with the help of our GPS. There are no restaurants within walking distance of this hotel so we could not have our before dinner drinks in our room since we had to drive. Room was nice and breakfast offered with the price of the room. An OK place to stay. Could detect cigarette smoke in the bathroom... supposed to be non smoking. Front entrance untidy with cigarette butts etc.

Room Tip: Unable to suggest how to get a good room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We have a non smoking room but it smells like there is a cigarette smokeathon in the building or something. It just reeks of smoke and air freshener. I'd ask to switch rooms or something but the hotel is full. Admittedly I live in Wisconsin where smoking is allowed pretty much nowhere. Otherwise, the room is ok - bathroom is pretty clean. Carpet is...well, I am keeping my shoes on. Bed spread is pretty cheap. I would have definitely paid more for a better room somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Of the four Choice motels we stayed in during our vacation, we voted this one #1.
The room had two beds with a large bathroom with all the amenities, refrigerator, microwave, etc.
It was clean and quiet for a good nights rest.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
They offer a large complimentary breakfast to start the day.
There is a mall across the street and other shops and eating places within a short drive.
It has a great location to the Mass Pike and I-290. If you are coming off the Mass Pike take I-290 to exit 9.

Room Tip: I would suggest the first floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Average hotel. Room was a little dirty in spots, and the walls are very thin. Could hear a lot of what was going on in the next room. Beds aren't that big. Will do if you are in need of a place in a jam.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jake J
General M, Manager at Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear Jake,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Comfort Inn Auburn. I will share this review with my housekeeping team to ensure that are cleanliness exceeds our guest expectations. This review will be used as a training exercise to aid the entire property team to ensure a higher standard of quality.

We hope that the next time you are in the area you will give us a chance to show our higher standard of quality.

Brian McNally
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Auburn
La Quinta Inn Auburn Worcester
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#1 of 5 in Auburn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Quality Inn & Suites Worcester
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown

Been to Comfort Inn Auburn-Worcester? Share your experiences!