“Not worth the ride or money”
Review of Markoh's on Main

Markoh's on Main
Ranked #11 of 23 Restaurants in Ayer
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We made reservations a few days ahead and when we arrived were taken right on time. The service was good, the drinks were average. When handed the menu it was dirty with food stains and had grease on it. After taking time to look over the (fairly limited) menu and making our choices the waitress came to take our order. They were out of both of the appetizers we wanted, then I was told the main meal I chose was no longer available and hasn't been available for at least 2 months. My husband's steak wasn't cooked the way he ordered and the fish I ordered was dry and over cooked. We were both so disappointed (and it wasn't the first time), we won't be returning.

1  Thank jollyj189

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We got to the restaurant fairly late after attending calling hours. We were seated quickly and we apologized for coming in so late. She assured us it wasn't a problem. She was very pleasant and turned out to be a great waitress. We ordered drinks and appetizers. The drinks were perfect and the apps yummy. Our meals came in a timely fashion and they were great as well. Good size portions without being over the top huge. We will definitely go back to this great little restaurant.

1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have now been several times for dinner on different days and have never been disappointed - except if I didn't call ahead and there were no tables available that evening. The peppadew appetizer is divine, the salads are crisp and fresh, and there are numerous dinner entrees to choose from that are all excellent. I usually try one of the specials of the evening while I am there - last time it was a grilled vegetable salad with balsamic reduction that was delicious. I have yet to try anything I didn't like. You should call ahead if you want a table pretty much any night of the week, as I have seen people shut out on a Tuesday at 7 - but if there's no space you can just walk down the street to their sister restaurant, Lucia's, which has equally good food.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Very disappointed.....went there last Saturday. Tried to book a call ahead table but there was no answer, phone message went back to New Years! So, we went along to the restaurant and were told a table was available. Then after some time, we were told no, people had called ahead and had the tables. . When I told them we had tried to call I was told that " oh, we were probably too busy to pick the phone up when you called....you have to keep trying ". We did not get a table without an hour wait so ate at the bar. We wanted a romantic evening and it did not work out. Then with Valentine's Day coming up, hubby called yesterday regarding take out for Valentines Day. We were told just to call and it would be available. Guess what? Called tonight and told "no, we are not offering it" . We had based our evening around being told it was available and had to scramble to get dinner on the table. This restaurant potentially has the means to do really well......however they need to consider how they are treating their customers and the image they project which is pretty unprofessional. It's a shame, because the food and ambience is good if you can get past the hassle!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

A terrific evening. Nice comfortable atmosphere. Drinks were perfect - Joe knows his scotches! Appetizers of arugula salad and pan seared scallops were awesome. Norwegian salmon and crab entree was perfect. Great service from Michelle. Very anxious to go back.

1  Thank Bobhef

Been to Markoh's on Main? Share your experiences!