“RUDE!”
Review of Aunt Leah's Fudge

Aunt Leah's Fudge
Ranked #1 of 19 Shopping in Nantucket
More attraction details
Owner description: A mouth-watering confectioner offering 30 different kinds of delicious fudge.
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“RUDE!”
Reviewed 2 October 2009

I must agree with the other reviewers, the workers were both very rude and unhelpful. I had asked what a specific flavor was and the one girl pointed to the description and did not speak to me or offer a sample or recommendation.
Also, the fudge was OK, nothing to brag about (and I'm not just saying this because of the rude treatment, I have had much better).

Boston, MA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Love the fudge, service could be better”
Reviewed 22 September 2008

The fudge was delicious - a little stale though (hard around edges), but good. Pretty expensive in my opinion ($9.99 for a 1/2 lb) but it's a souvenier, on Nantucket, what do you expect, I guess? The staff was kind of pushy, very salesy, instead of waiting on 1 person at a time, she was waiting on 3 of us. Whoever spoke up first got her attention. I felt like I was fighting for an item at an auction.

New Jersey
“My favorite place in Nantucket”
Reviewed 10 September 2008

I am from New Jersey and visit family each year in Nantucket. The one place that we visit religiously each year is Aunt Leah's Fudge. All my friends in Jersey give me their orders for what we consider the "best fudge on Earth". I have yet to get a flavor that I don't like. The service is superb and always friendly. At times it might seem crowded but that's because it's so popular.
I would encourage anyone who visits Nantucket not to leave without visiting Aunt Leah's Fudge - it's the best.

cape cod
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“rude and obnoxious attitude prevails at aunt leah's fudge”
Reviewed 11 July 2007

Being in the tourist industry on Cape Cod, when my wife and I travel, we are always sensitive to customer service and quality of products in other hotels, restaurants, and shops. While buying fudge at Aunt Leah's I overheard a tourist asking for information about locating an ice cream shop that sold italian ice. The customer was met with a very impolite reply by the owner, Aunt Leah, questioning the definition of italian ice, and its existence. Because she and her husband had never heard of italian ice, they acted as if the tourist were crazy for trying to locate it. The tourist walked away somewhat stunned by their lack of helpfulness, whereupon i took it upon myself to mention that i had just seen such a shop the day before several blocks away. i gave him directions to find it, and then proceeded to explain to the fudge shop owners what italian ice is, and how well known it is around New England...especially in New York City and Boston. I received more rude attitudes and comments from them concerning this information.
Although my wife and I found Aunt Leah's fudge very tasty indeed, and the many combinations truly tempting, we would hardly call it the best fudge in the world, and would certainly call the owners' attitude toward helpful service among the worst in the world. Sometimes success breeds indifference toward the population who has insured it. Aunt Leah and her husband should reflect upon this if they want their success to continue.

2 Thank CapeCodGeo
Colorado Springs, CO
340 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,052 helpful votes
“not as good as I expected”
Reviewed 16 October 2006

We had a wonderful time in Nantucket! We had Aunt Leah's Fudge shop on our "to do" list based on tripadvior reviews. It was difficult to find - it is on the main street but hidden back in a courtyard, we would have never found it if we hadn't asked someone for directions.
The store is very small and crowded. No more than 6 people could fit in there before it is packed.
The chocolate fudge was delicious and creamy but the rest were not. We got to sample 5 flavors and the others were very "gritty" and way too sweet. It was like eating plain gritty sugar mixed in high concentration corn syrup. The sweetness was so overpowering that the fudge was not enjoyable. They try to make fancy flavors but they just don't have the recipes right.
My advice - order a simple, plain single flavor fudge and not the fancy flavors. The chocolate was very delicious!

1 Thank nowincolorado