“Early October amazing getaway!”

Seven Sea Street Inn
Ranked #5 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Vermont, United States
“Early October amazing getaway!”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We visited The Seven Sea Street Inn in early October and were greeted with a warm and cozy atmosphere as soon as we walked in the door. Only a few minutes walk from the ferry, the inn is perfectly located close enough to town to enjoy all the activities, but hidden away perfectly from the traffic. The Inn Keeper Matthew is full of great ideas of places to check out and the breakfast was perfect each morning. This Inn is fabulose and we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. Thank you for such a wonderful and comfortable time. :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My fiancee and I will be headed here again at the end of March -- our third annual trip for her birthday. We discovered Seven Sea Street quite by accident, but we've never even discussed another B&B since.
The house is just far enough away from everything to be wonderfully peaceful, but close enough that everything seems right nearby. Matt is about as attentive to any guest need as anyone I've ever met in the industry, and from the terrific daily breakfast to the homeade cookies in the afternoon Seven Sea Street is a home away from home.
I would be remiss not to mention my fiancee's most beloved part of the Inn -- Oreo, Matt's dog. He adds one more charming element to our favorite B&B in the U.S.

Room Tip: We enjoy the king rooms in the main house, but a nice litte treat for an extra special location is t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
msp3672, Owner at Seven Sea Street Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
We really appreciate your enthusiastic review, especially as regular returning guests, which is the ultimate compliment. For your return visit this year, we've added two new gorgeous Pottery Barn King beds, duvets, and quilts in two previously queen bedded guest rooms in the Main House, which we're very excited to offer guests for the 2013 season. We've also upgraded our breakfast room and guest cottage with brand new custom mahogany kitchen cabinets and counters.

Thanks again for your wonderful review and we look forward to hosting you again this March for your birthday visit and yes, I'll make sure Oreo comes by the Inn to say "hi".

Matt Parker
Innkeeper/Owner
Cotuit
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Well, if you had stepped off the ferry on the night of the 30th with the wind blowing plus 30 knots you would have been as happy as i was to find that the inn was only a few minutes walk from the steamship dock! And to walk through the door into such a warm and cozy atmosphere was outstanding!!
Claudia had my key on the table and showed me how to make myself a cup of tea. The room, with its queen size, canopied bed ( not to mention the lovely box of chocolates on the night table) was THE place to put your head down on a cold winter"s night.
Matt's hospitality the next morning was "the icing on the cake" I could not recommend this special inn on Nantucket more highly.
Thanks again, Matt

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
mass
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Inn very much. The room was spacious and clean. They had a great breakfast both days we were there. Fruits, yogurt, fresh baked cobblers, english muffins, hard boiled eggs, and more. They also leave out cookies and baked goods so you can snack during the day along with coffee and tea. They provide a fridge with soda and water also for $1.00 each. The Inn keepers were very helpful. There is a nice library upstairs and a smaller room downstairs with a massage chair and small table and 4 chairs. I was told there used to be a hot tub in that room. I would have loved the hot tub. In the room they also provided extra cushions for reading on the bed and nice robes and plenty of clean towels. Mattress was very comfortable also. The only thing was the bathroom door squeaked loudly when opening and closing and the large showerhead provided a trickle of water pressure and believe me I am used to very low pressure at my own place but this was worst than home. But all and all it was very clean, spacious, quiet (even with our room being right by the entrance and breakfast area) warm and very nice people there! We would stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
msp3672, Owner at Seven Sea Street Inn, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for the very nice review! We greatly appreciate and value the feedback so we can maintain the highest standards of hospitality and excellence for our current and prospective guests. We have some exciting improvements in store for this upcoming year. We fixed the squeaky bathroom door hinge and will investigate if we can increase the water pressure for that room, which does seem a bit weaker than other guest rooms for some reason.
Again, we are very happy you had a wonderful visit and would stay with us again when returning to Nantucket.
Matt Parker
Owner/Innkeeper
Manteo, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Seven Street Inn this past weekend and absolutely fell in love with it the moment I walked through the front door…with its charming and cozy décor, aroma of hot apple cider, and warmth of the beautiful wood burning fireplace in the breakfast room. The super friendly and welcoming Innkeeper was very informative and helpful in assisting me with sightseeing, shopping, and excellent restaurant suggestions/reservations. The accommodations were more than comfortable and the variety of breakfast selections delicious. Thank you Matt and Claudia for making my stay a relaxing, enjoyable, and memorable experience! I look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kim C
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I absolutely LOVED my stay at 7 Sea St. The location was great, the room was comfortable, the inn was charming and the price was reasonable.

The location of this B&B is perfect. It’s a very short walk from the ferry terminal, which puts it right next to the main part of town. But it’s also separate enough that it’s very quiet. There’s a “widow’s walk” on the roof of the inn, kind of a small roof deck, from which you can look out over the harbor. I stayed in the main house, so this review is for the main house.

The room was impeccably clean, and very cozy in an old timey New England way. And, surprisingly, it had better sound-proofing than most Courtyards by Marriott. All the linens and blankets smelled freshly laundered, and the staff seems to take great care of the rooms.

There was also a library and a little common room with a fireplace if you want to relax outside your room. Breakfast was homemade and included things like muffins, warm strudel, fresh berries, and hard boiled eggs.

All in all, it was just a really cozy, comfortable, clean and friendly place to stay. The innkeepers were really helpful, and we just felt at home there. I’ll definitely be staying there next time I go.

The innkeeper told me that they are open all year. I went in October and they had a really good package; it’s worth looking to see if they have specials when you go.

Room Tip: There are different buildings and they rent specific rooms. It's worth a call to the office to f...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam H
msp3672, Owner at Seven Sea Street Inn, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us ... it's very rewarding to know our hard work and desire to provide the most comfortable lodging experience possible was met with your visit. It motivates us to maintain as high a standard as we can for future guests and hopefully for your return visit. We do have some attractive off season pricing and packages .. so do call or visit our website.

It was a pleasure to chat with you over breakfast and make you feel welcome as our guests. Happy holidays to you and your family!

Matt
Innkeeper
boston
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Just got back from Seven Sea Street yesterday. Have stayed here many times over the years with my husband and Matt and his staff never seem to dissapoint us! Not only is the Inn in one of the most convenient locations to everything on the island but it is impeccably maintained and clean. The breakfast is one of the best I've had at a B&B on Nantucket and the staff is so helpful and accommodating. Can't reccommend the Seven Sea Street Inn enough for your next visit to this beautiful island!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends