“wonderful inn”

Seven Sea Street Inn
Ranked #5 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed in the inn for 3 nights. Everything about the inn is perfect- excellent location - wonderful guest rooms - great breakfast with homemade baked goods. Matt and Claudian were wonderful and gave us lots of good information. I cant imagine a more lovely inn.

Room Tip: 2nd floor suite is fantastic
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JaniceTampa_FL

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Our stay at the Seven Sea Street Inn was such a wonderful experience!
Our room was spacious, very comfortable and nicely decorated. The Seven Sea Street Inn is conviently located to local restaurants and shopping, all within walking distance. It is also only a couple of blocks from the ferry.
Matt and Claudia were a wealth of information about Nantucket. They assisted us in making reservations for dinner, a tour of the island, a sailboat excursion and securing our ferry tickets prior to our trip. Claudia makes a wonderful continental breakfast each morning which is a great starter for visiting with other guests and making new friends! We can't wait to return to Seven Sea Inn!

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying in the main house on the ground level !
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife and I visited in early April. A little bit early in the season to find much open in town. The inn is very comfortable and the staff welcoming. They didn't hesitate to make adjustments to the commercial side when ferries didn't go as planned. We had many pleasant conversations. Breakfast was delicious and offered choices for my wife and I who have decidedly different appetites.

The only down side was that the folks on the floor above were wearing their wooden heels and the clacking off the wood floors was disturbing. I'm sure a throw rug here or there would have stopped that. But this is hardly worth mentioning.

Room Tip: Make sure that the 3rd floor takes off their shoes!
1  Thank FranGina
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We had wonderful stay at the Seven Sea Street Inn during our visit to Nantucket. The B&B is immaculate and welcoming - we felt as though we were visiting and then leaving family! The food is incredible and the conversations stimulating. Claudia and Judith went above and beyond to make our 45th Anniversary at Seven Sea Street Inn special - even presenting us with two SSSI mugs and an ornament at the request of our daughter's phone request to ensure continued memories of the Inn and the Island. We certainly appreciated the extra steps that were taken and highly recommend this special place to everyone we know. Gary and Loretta

1  Thank Loretta Z
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have never been to Nantucket and I came across this inn with all the positive reviews on trip advisor. We hit the jackpot!! It is a very short walk from steam ship fast ferry and right around the corner from town. The inn keepers can not do enough for you. The continental breakfast was absolutely delicious and they were always eager to fill your coffee or tea cup if running low. I have to say we met some great people while we were staying so each breakfast was like hanging out with friends. Claudia was very helpful when we had a issue w/ our tv and came right up to our room at night to fix it. Our room # 8 was very clean and spacious. Our king size bed was very comfortable. You have access to a cup of of coffee no matter what time you wake up. I will defiantly be returning to Seven Street Inn. All of the inn keepers are so welcoming and attentive to details that it just feels like home when you are staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank HCayton
Reviewed 15 April 2013

When my husband told me he had to go to Nantucket on business and invited me to come along I was excited.The fact that we would be staying in a B&B was even more appealing! The post and beam structure, rustic pine planked floors and braided rugs provided a cosiness despite the chilly spring temperatures. We enjoyed a kings sized very comfortable bed, wonderful water pressure and thick fluffy towels. There was a refrigerator for all our wonderful leftovers and a desk where I could set up my laptop with free wi-fi. In the morning I enjoyed a lovely breakfast with fellow travelers.
I found Mark to be a very accommodating Innkeeper. Whether booking an island tour, bicycle rental or a place to eat, he provided inside Islander information!
Seven Sea Street Inn offers a great location, reasonable price, and a great Nantucket experience. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank peggles54
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We just returned from 3 nights at 7 Sea Street Inn, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, quiet spot in town. While the pre-season weather was windy and wet, our accommodations at the Inn were warm and welcoming. Claudia immediately made us feel right at home, and Matt (the owner/Innkeeper) was accessible and eager to please. Our suite on the third floor (room #9) was delightful, with a full kitchen, gas fireplace, plenty of space to relax, a cozy bedroom and tidy bathroom. Our only critique was the mattress -- a bit firm for our taste. Excellent coffee and breakfast treats downstairs each morning. Our stay was a very pleasant experience, we'd do it again at the next opportunity.

Room Tip: Love the suite (#9) -- it's the only room on the third floor, with full kitchen and nice living...
1  Thank Doug R