All reviewswidow's walkpost and beamthe main houseowner mattquiet side streetyogurtbaked french toastguest housein townshort walk from the ferryother guestscookieshard boiled eggsbreakfast was deliciousquichevery pleasant staywhaling museum
Reviewed 17 November 2008

My son loves to bike ride and when he turned eight I wanted to take him somewhere he could ride on a safe and fun bike path for the weekend. I have been to Nantucket before with the rest of my family and knew I wanted to be in town. I can't remember how I found the Inn, but we went in April 2007. It was extremely clean, centrally located and the innkeepers are nice people. There was never a question of privacy, we ate a fulfilling breakfast and were on our way for most of the day, coming and going as we pleased. We went back again this past May 2008 and had the same experience. I plan on going back next year and hopefully taking my two children who can handle the bike path.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2008

My husband and I recently returned home after spending two days on Nantucket Island. Although the weather wasn't anything to rave about (rainy and windy) the accommodations and hospitality provided by the innkeeper at the Seven Sea Street Inn were! We were impressed by the service that was given, from the time we arrived on Friday evening through the time we checked out on Sunday morning. The innkeeper went out of her way to help us plan for a most enjoyable stay; checking on dinner reservations and museum schedules, while also finding extra umbrellas for the guests to make the inclement weather a bit more tolerant.

Breakfast, served family style, was one of the highlights of our stay at the Seven Sea Street Inn. Fresh fruit salad, homemade waffles, and fresh baked breads were among our favorites both mornings of our stay. The "neverending" chocolate chip cookies were a bonus treat! We will certainly recommend this inn to our family and friends!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 October 2008

We just returned from a much needed couple of days away...and the Seven Sea Street Inn. The inn was cozy, and very warm and the innkeepers were very helpful and friendly. A nice breakfast was served family style which gave everyone a chance to compare notes on the previous evening's dinner and plans for the upcoming day. On a quiet side street just a couple of very short blocks from Nantucket Town center, it couldn't be better situated. We normally stay at another Inn on the island but decided to try something different this trip. This will now be our "usual" place to stay on Nantucket. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2008

We booked this Inn for a bike trip for our anniversary. Booked it a week before the trip and unfortunately then found out that a tropical storm and a hurricane (Kyle) were scheduled to hit that weekend. I phone them and asked if it was possible to change the weekend I did not want to cancel the trip. Even though the inn was not sold out the owners were not flexible at all. I would absolutely understand if the Inn was booked solid. Despite what people say if it is raining and you are "outdoor people" there is nothing to do in the pouring rain unless you want to shop in the very expensive shops. Of course I understandr they are not responsilbe for the weather but they could have been a little more helpful, what difference would it have made to them to switch the weekend to a weekend that they had availability. The room was extremely small and the sink is outside the bathroom in the room with one extremely uncomforatble chair to sit in. It is a good location very close to town and the ferry. They did tell us that the only way to change a reservation is if you cannot get to the island i.e. ferries cancelled, flights cancelled. The room was clean and the breakfast was ok. We ended up leaving after one night because we were afraid we wouldn't be able to get off the island on Sunday due to the possibilty of the hurricane hitting the island. Again, they could have cared less. I would never stay here again for these reasons.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank baileyMassachusetts
Snuppyack, Owner at Seven Sea Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2008

Please understand, we try to be as flexible as possible with guests who make a good faith effort to honor their reservation. The potential storm did not end up effecting the Cape and Islands that weekend, with all boats and planes running as scheduled. We were in fact booked solid that weekend and had been turning away other potential guests. If these guests had chosen to cancel their reservations we would have issued them a refund if the space could be rebooked, per our refund policy, and it probably could have been. They chose not to cancel their reservation and take that chance but were unhappy that it rained that weekend. We cannot control the weather but certainly do care about our guests experience and are sorry these guests were disappointed. We have a variety of guest rooms and suites of various sizes and amenity levels to accommodate different needs. We hope you will consider our property based on the many other favorable reviews.

Reviewed 18 July 2008

Ahoy mates! Everything about this inn is squared away. The oak post and beam construction, friendly innkeepers, simple yet charming furnishings, flat screen television in my room, and delicious yet heathly breakfast all floated the boat of this old salt. I also liked that the Inn is located just a few minutes walk from the ferry dock and the center of town. Whenever I am in port I will head straight back to the Seven Sea Street Inn, and you scurvy dogs should do the same.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple