“Comfortable, quaint and exceptional!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nantucket
The Carlisle House Inn
Ranked #10 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
italy
“Comfortable, quaint and exceptional!”
Reviewed 1 July 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Carlisle House Inn this past weekend and we absolutely loved it! The innkeeper, Heather, was so friendly and accomodating. We felt like we were the only guests in the historic inn even though it was completely booked. The continental breakfast was SO great, not just the typical choices. Everything was fresh baked the morning of and the garden to eat in was so inviting. The unexpected wine and cheese happy hour on Saturday afternoon was great! Great selection of wine and Heather was very knowledgable on the choices. The humidity on the island was never felt in the rooms with the AC and the rooms were absolutely wonderful. If you make the trip to ACK, definitely stay at the Carlisle. It was terrific!!!

• Liked — Great food and great location!
  • Disliked — Wished we coiuld have stayed longer!
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 June 2008

My wife and I recently stayed at the Carlisle House Inn and had a wonderful time.

Just steps away from the ferry, we quickly arrived where we were warmly welcomed by the Innkeeper and staff who throughout our stay, was extremely accommodating despite being fully booked. From making dinner reservations to telling us about local hotspots, we were really well taken care of. We were also greeted by the staff each morning the asked if we were enjoying our stay.

Our room had wide pine floors, a large working fire place, and a view of the garden. It was impeccably clean and charming. We also enjoyed the wide selection of complimentary breakfast items including delicious homemade baked scones and pumpkin bread.

I read the bad review of the Carlisle House Inn and couldn’t disagree more. We loved our stay and are planning on returning to the Inn next year. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone who is looking for a wonderful yet affordable stay in Nantucket

Corona Del Mar, CA
Reviewed 18 June 2008

We booked the sconset suite, which the online photos look very nice. Well, don't be fooled. The inn is run down, the staff is unfriendly, they don't acknowledge or greet you nor do they offer to help you with your luggage. The room was dark, the bed is hard as a rock, the paint is peeling off the ceilings and the a/c is through a window which doesn't flow throughout the room. The electrical outlets have limited use (use the blow dryer & curling iron separately). There's no happy hour or greet the guests, the continental breakfast is in a small, crowded room and within a limited timeframe (so don't sleep in). Overall, the island of Nantucket is wonderful, so charming and the people are very friendly. There's many other charming B&Bs which I'm sure can offer you a better accommodation experience.

• Liked — close proximity to the town center
  • Disliked — our room, bed, lighting, electrical outlets & unfriendly staff.
1 Thank Luv2Travel_001_8
Carlislehouseinn, Owner at The Carlisle House Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2008
As a new owner of The Carlisle House Inn, I am very interested in guest feedback. Providing excellent service is a top priority for me and my staff, and we regret that this reviewer was unhappy. They were personally checked in and escorted to their second floor room, and greeted several times during the course of their stay. They did not mention any concerns to us. We would have addressed them immediately if they had. After this review was posted, I contacted them to get a better understanding of their concerns directly.

We often assist guests in making dinner reservations, suggesting and reserving tours and other activities, driving them to the ferries, We strive to handle every request in a friendly, responsive manner.

I am pleased that 99.9% of the guests who have stayed with us since I bought the inn in January have enjoyed their experience at The Carlisle House Inn, as evidenced by the other reviews on this site, direct guest feedback, comments in the guestbook,at the inn and on our website, and thank you emails sent once guests have returned home. Our goal is 100% satisfaction; every guest is important to us.
Boston
Reviewed 27 May 2008

I had no idea what to expect when I booked rooms for my friends and me for Memorial Day weekend. It was great! The rooms are beautiful and the breakfast was amazing. There was a also a wine and cheese get together on Sunday afternoon which was really pleasant. All my friends were really impressed with the Inn I chose- but I picked it on a whim! I had no idea what I randomly picked would have turned out to be a great, great choice!

Stayed May 2008
Cary, NC
Reviewed 3 April 2008

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Carlisle House Inn on Nantucket Island. Our first floor room was just lovely - a beautiful (comfy!!) canopy bed and two comfortable wing chairs flanking the wood burning fireplace. The new owner, Heather, was just delightful - always warm, welcoming, and helpful. Although she has only owned the Carlisle House Inn since January, she has already put her mark on it.... The Inn is within walking distance of the ferries, restaurants, and shops.

• Liked — the Innkeeper
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reno, NV
Reviewed 9 March 2008

My husband and I recently enjoyed the best inn on Nantucket. Close to the ferry and everything in town was within walking distance. Wonderful, romantic ambiance -- including a wood-burning fireplace and canopy bed. The new owner is so helpful with dining recommendations and things to see. You must stay here!

Stayed February 2008
New York
Reviewed 11 February 2008

Just returned from a long weekend stay at this lovely historic in-town bed and breakfast on Nantucket. The welcome by its new, Nantucket-savvy innkeeper was warm and my room (with working fireplace) was lovely, including a nice modern bathroom. Homebaked muffins, scones and breads were a treat for breakfast. The inn is within a short walking distance of the center of town as well as to the beach and the ferry. There are numerous restaurants also within walking distance of the Carlisle House, with the innkeeper happy to make suggestions and/or reservations. While I usually don't stay at B&Bs in my travels, this one really made me reconsider!

• Liked — Lovely decor
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends