“In 15 years of Nantucket Summers We finally found our place.”
Review of Regatta Inn

Regatta Inn
Ranked #1 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
USA
“In 15 years of Nantucket Summers We finally found our place.”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I hesitate to write this review solely for my own selfish reasons as to keep this new gem all to myself, but in the same breath I feel the need to share this with all those who love Nantucket as I do and want to stay at the best of the best. After 15 summer's on nantucket this was our first experience with a bed and breakfast as we are not B & B type people, but the Regatta Inn has forever changed that. From the second we walked in the door and were greeted by the Inn Keeper (I hesitate to call her that now as "friend" seems more appropriate). The Inn itself is absolutely immaculate and I am a neat freak--cleanliness is my top priority. The rooms are small, but perfectly decorated and with plenty of closet and drawer space and have everything needed. We never once heard another guest from any of the other rooms coming or going. The breakfast was absolutely beautiful. Lyn has such a passion for beauty and cooking and had a Martha Stewartesque spread every morning. She discovered I was a vegan/nutritarian and surprised me with some absolutely beautiful and mouthwatering healthy vegan delights I will not soon forget. Lyn was also wonderful with making our dinner reservations and she was very knowledgeable about all the restaurants. BTW, don't miss the one right next door (American Seasons), they have a fantastic bar as well! On our last day, we originally were taking a late ferry, but with a long drive upon arrival to the mainland we called the ferry and they said if we could get there in 10 minutes we could get on the earlier boat--Lyn dropped everything, we loaded up the Inn's Jeep and she buzzed us over there in record speed--that was unexpected, unnecessary yet one of the many many extra touches that made this stay a 10+. Lyn always went out of her way to make everything extra special for us and then was always interested to make sure we had a great time wherever we went. I just can not say enough about the Regatta Inn, Lyn, as well as the owner who was a great guy and his gorgeous wife and beautiful daughter. The Regatta Inn exceeded our expectations and we are planning to go back next month and of course next summer, but I suspect we will need to reserve well in advance as this secret gem's secret is out and I am certain this will be at the top of Tripadvisor's list if it isn't already. Thank you Lyn for a perfect stay and for making our "Summer of Love Tour 2013 kickoff" so perfect...we look forward to seeing you soon!!

Room Tip: I suspect all the rooms are equally beautiful, but for women who don't want to get their hair we...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vacationauthority
RegattaInn N, Manager at Regatta Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you so much for your lengthy and glowing review and my apologies for not replying sooner. We took note and shower caps will now be a part of our bathroom amenities.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We really felt welcome, it was a great place to relax. Great location to walk to any restaurant in town! The Inn Keeper Lyn is a real professional, you can tell she has been doing this for a while. We will definitely go back!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeffrey P
Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I usually do not stay at Bed and Breakfasts but this Inn is just charming and such a wonderful place to stay. The resident innkeeper, Lyn is knowledgeable and always available to assist you. The homemade scones are awesome as well as the other choices for breakfast. The room was quiet and very clean and quite spacious. I would definitely recommend staying here and will return.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

From the minute we walked through the front door of the Regatta Inn, we were completely WOWED! Over the years, we have stayed at 2 other inns on Nantucket that were highly rated and had received excellent reviews, both of which were disappointing on so many levels. Friends highly recommended the Centerboard Inn, but it was fully booked. When we saw that the same owners opened the Regatta Inn, we hoped that it would be as nice as the Centerboard, and we were not disappointed! We stayed in Room 1 and it was an oasis - we almost didn't want to leave it! The Inn has central air conditioning throughout, which means no noisy window unit keeping you awake at night. The room had a small fridge, flat screen TV, 2 super-comfy chairs with a table (so we had an alternative to sitting on the bed), and an alarm clock with not only an iPhone charger, but a USB charging device so we could charge both phones. The marble and white tiled bathroom was gorgeous as well, with full-sized amenities - no tiny hotel bottles here - Frette bathrobes and towels, a professional hair dryer, and a rainfall shower with incredible water pressure (and plenty of hot water too). It advertised a continental breakfast, but breakfast was so much more than that - there was a mountain of fresh fruit salad, homemade granola and fresh yogurt, a nice variety of cereals and breads, fresh juices, etc. - but the pièce de résistance was the fresh-baked items. One morning we enjoyed an asparagus tart and blueberry pastry on another it was strawberry tarts and bacon cheese scones. In the afternoon, there was always a little bit of heaven in the form of tart lemon bars, mini cheesecakes, etc.waiting for guests in the dining room with cold drinks - the perfect intermission to our day! We felt like we were staying in a 5-star hotel (at B & B prices) and we can't wait to return!!

• Stayed July 2013
Somerset, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I love to go to Nantucket Island for vacation or just for a quick weekend get-away. We have stayed at many B & B's and even rented a home at Tristam Landing. We recently stayed at the Regatta Inn on Center Street and I cannot say enough about it. The Innkeeper Lyn Francis was such a breathe of fresh air. She prepared the best breakfasts I have ever had at any B & B. She knew a lot about the Island and recommended restaurants, places to see, beaches to go to etc...She even had tea and pastries prepared for an afternoon snack. She was just a delight. The Inn itself, which just recently opened, was absolutely lovely. Our room was very comfortable and nicely decorated. Everything at the Inn was perfect. I will not stay anywhere else from now on. If you are looking for a B & B with personality, please try Regatta Inn and ask for Lyn. You won't be disappointed.

Russ & Rita Burke

1 Thank 136Rita50
Nantucket
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We chose The Regatta Inn because of the exclusively excellent reviews - and happily agree with each and every one of them. We needed a room for only one night but the Inn requires a two-night stay - any complaint ends there however. Lyn, the lovely Innkeeper, was the most accommodating hostess we've ever encountered - totally comfortable with everyone and clearly enjoys what she's doing - and an excellent baker as well! We booked a day or two before we needed the room and thought that would mean tiny, leftover subpar accommodations, but the room was spacious, clean and beautifully decorated with a large "deluxe" bathroom. We missed the afternoon teas but breakfasts were a perfect start to our days. My only fear in giving an excellent review is that there won't be any vacancies next year!!!

Pleasantville
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Five stars does not do the Regatta Inn justice. This is the first time in my life that I wished I could give 6 stars to a hotel/B and B. It was our first time in Nantucket and we can't wait to return. My family(husband,18 & 21 year old kids) and I had a fantastic vacation! Lyn, the innkeeper, is amazing! Her knowledge of the island is remarkable and her cooking unparalleled. She was a ray of sun shine that brightened every morning. We would only return to the Regatta if Lyn were there. Nantucket is wonderful, and The Regatta Inn is top notch but Lyn is why I would give this Inn 6 stars!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family