“Cozy room, beautiful location”
Review of Martin House Inn

Martin House Inn
Ranked #7 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Massachusetts
“Cozy room, beautiful location”
Reviewed 28 May 2009

We stayed just one night last August and everything went smoothly. We had a beautiful room with private bath. There was a nice roof deck to get a view of the bay. Conveniant walking distance to downtown and area beaches. We rented a scooter to get around the island and explore the other areas of the island. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Taunton, MA
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My boyfriend and visited the island for the first time during daffodil weekend. Not only had neither of us ever been to Nantucket be we had never stayed in a Bed and Breakfast as well, and what an experience!! Skye was an absolutely fantastic inn keeper. She was extremely personable, hospitable, and just an over all joy to be around. She made us feel right at home. The inn was very presentable as opposed to the first inn we had checked out. It was very clean, and we got an adorable romantic room with a canopy bed, which was unbelievably comfortable. It was also in a perfect location for us to walk around. Wouldn't think of staying at any other inn the next time we visit!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Lebanon, PA
Reviewed 14 May 2009

I found this inn by reading the reviews from tavelers here. I am so glad I booked this inn for my trip to nantucket.
When first arrived Skye helped me with getting info on the area and places I might want to try for luches and dinners. I had a wonderful room with a canopy bed with a nice feathertop on the mattress which made me fall right to sleep. The living room area was great, I would sit at night in the window seat and relax watching TV or reading a book. In the mornings she would have to fire place going and have fresh yummy pastries (awesome apple turnovers and rasberry crumble), fruit and yougurt, and what ever drink you like. Skye was very sweet to sit with me at breakfast and chat since i traveled alone and no one else was at the inn at that time. She makes yummy cookies in the afternoon for a quick snack.
I think the day I was leaving would have been really stressful if not for Skye. I went to airport to leave and the flights were canceled so I called her and asked to stay another night and she was sooo sweet and picked me up from the airport so I didn't have to pay for another taxi ride. She then took me around the island for my own little tour of the area and got to see the coast and some local places I would never had a chance to see without her. It was a very unexpected adventure that really made the trip so much more special. I want to go back again and look forward to staying at Martin house again. Very clean and well run inn. Skye is a huge part of my great inn experience and my first solo travel adventure.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Boston North, MA
Reviewed 29 April 2009

We have been going to Nantucket for Daffodil Weekend for 13 years and this was our first time at the Martin House. Skye is a wonderful innkeeper who pays attention to her guests. From her warm baked goods for breakfast and her afternoon snacks she makes all feel welcome. Our 3 children look forward to staying here again and they survived without tv!!!
~ The Blooms
Massachusetts

Brookline, MA
Reviewed 28 April 2009

We went to Nantucket for Daffodil Weekend. Amazing weather. Felt as sunny and warm as the best days of summer. The Martin House was really nice. Skye, the innkeeper, was super warm and friendly and helpful. The place had a very nice warm and welcoming and casual feel to it. There were tasty hot baked goods fresh from the oven each morning along with great coffee and fresh fruit, yogurt and granola. In addition wine and generous spread of cheese and crackers and cookies later each day. Nights a nice mix of both New Yorkers and Bostonians gathered in the living room around the TV to enjoy the 3 game sweep of the Yankees with a comfortable family feel to the enviroment. The house is old, so its some of the rooms are large even with their own private porches while others are real small with tiny baths, but the innkeeper had explicitly explained all this upfront so no surprises there. Yet it was all super clean, and modern where you need it; like enough hot water and a good strong shower for after a day of biking around the island as well as nice towels and linens. I would definitely recommend it. Everywhere on Nantucket is a little pricey for me yet our rooms at the Martin House were very reasonable compared with other similar places we looked at. And its just blocks off the center of town so available to walk to a lot of things. We would return. Looking forward to next years Daffodil weekend, yet it is hard to imagine it could be quite as hot and sunny 2 years in a row in April.

N.Y.
Reviewed 25 April 2009

I stayed at the Martin House Inn for a long weekend in October, 2008. The Inn is beautifully decorated, each room is exquisite. You have a warm, homey feeling the minute you enter. Skye and the staff were wonderful, very pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast and afternoon tea's were wonderful. The Inn is centrally located so we were able to walk everywhere. I would highly recommend the Martin House for it's value, comfort and location.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
York
Reviewed 24 April 2009

The innkeeper, Skye Schuyler, was quite friendly and accessible, and she provided us with lots of information about the island. She provided a pretty good breakfast, and she made us feel very comfortable in the common area. She did make a mistake about our reservation, but this mistake did not end up causing any inconvenience. The inn itself is outstanding, beautifully maintained. The beds were a bit soft for people who are used to firm mattresses, but other than that, we were completely comfortable and well cared for.