Sherburne Inn
The Veranda House Hotel Collection(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$457
Nantucket Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$299
White Elephant(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$470
US$447
Union Street Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$446
White Elephant Village | Residences & Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$553
21 Broad Hotel(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$423
  • Breakfast included
Jared Coffin House(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$246
Orbitz.com
76 Main(Nantucket)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbreakfast basketquiet streetyogurteach morningin townwine and cheesefruit infused watermeet other guestsshort walkbed was very comfortableceiling fanfirst floorbeach towels and chairsqueen roomwhaling museumrestaurant reservationsclassic nantucket
Reviewed 4 May 2007

The annual Daffodil Festival is Nantucket’s nod to the passing of winter and the start of spring. This year, I decided to take part in the festivities and spend the weekend on the island. My plan was to arrive early Saturday morning and depart Sunday late afternoon. In order to make my plan reality, I needed to find lodging. After reviewing my many options, I decided on the Sherburne Inn. I placed a call to the inn in early March, a full month prior to my arrival. When I inquired about room availability for the evening of 28 April, I was laughed at by the person on the other end of the phone. He seemed delighted to inform me of my naivety, regarding the two night minimum required during the festival. His tone was so snooty and dripping with sarcasm that I instantly decided to never stay there, even if it meant forgoing my opportunity to attend the festival. Rating my stay at the Sherburne Inn is difficult, since I never really got past the unfriendly, and frankly just plain rude, person manning the phones.

Never fear. I was not dissuaded by this poor customer service. Instead I called another B&B and am delighted to report that the Daffodil festival was a blast and the Martin House, where I stayed, was superb!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank LovesToTravelTo
sherinnnantucket, owner at Sherburne Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2007

We were horrified and extremely disappointed upon reading this very unfavorable review. As evidenced by all previous comments in Trip Advisor reviewing our Inn, our service and guest relations are one of our stellar features in which we take great pride. Sherburne Inn has been rated #1 in Nantucket by Trip Advisor for many years.
This incident occurred “early March” while we were enjoying a much needed escape. We had left our Inn in the hands of an innsitter, whom we had hired with the expectation that he would be professional and courteous at all times. Apparently this was not the case in this instance. We are back now, and we can only apologize to this reviewer for the inappropriate telephone etiquette.
We truly are sorry for their bad telephone experience which is inexcusable, but we feel they have done a great injustice by their overall negative rating without ever having the chance to actually experience the Sherburne Inn.

Reviewed 1 May 2007

The charm of the Inn and the island called us back for a visit. We arrived on island to share in the festivities for The Daffodil Festival. A wonderful celebration to welcome spring. Its a sea of yellow in the attire and all the decorations. Daffodils on every corner and parades, picinics and Daffy hats. An event no one should miss and the Sherburne is the place to rest after all the events. Highly recommend !!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank appleton
Reviewed 4 January 2007

This is a delightful inn run by attentive and caring innkeepers in a perfect location on Nantucket (on a quiet side street only two blocks or so from the center of town). The house is weathered but fresh and well maintained, as one wants and expects on Nantucket; it wears its age as charm. A warm welcome; crisp, high quality sheets; and a glass of complimentary port in the evening: what more could one want.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MontgomeryTraveler
Reviewed 3 January 2007

Although we live in Central New York, we travel to Nantucket several times a year to visit family that lives there year around. Having been to the island so often over the years, we find it best to stay with our family members during the summer tourist season. Among so many lodging choices, in the off season The Sherburne Inn is our favorite. The Hamiltons are gracious hosts, have lovely rooms, nice amenities, and tasty breakfasts. We recommend it highly.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank fingerlakesgirl
Reviewed 18 December 2006

We have stayed at the Sherburne Inn many times, both in the summer and the off season, and have always had a wonderful time. The location is great - a block from the main shopping/restaurant area and another to the Madaket and Jetties beach NRTA shuttle buses. The Sherburne is a 19th century house, with high ceilings, antique furniture and four-poster or canopy beds. Rooms include a small TV with DVD player, and free wireless Internet is available. The owners, Susan and Dale, are great people who make everyone feel right at home. Continental breakfast, with great homemade items, is served in the parlor. In the evening, sherry and cookies are put out for the guests. The inn includes numerous small, thoughtful amenities to make a vacation stay more comfortable: a stand full of umbrellas to borrow if it rains, beach totes, sand chairs and umbrellas, an electric tea kettle and creamers if you want an evening tea. I've recommended the Sherburne Inn to several others, and they have never been disappointed. Since we found the Sherburne Inn, we don't want to stay anywhere else on Nantucket.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple