“Amazing dishes & Cocktails in a chic, Not stuffy, outdoor setting.”
Review of Town Restaurant

Town Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 140 Restaurants in Nantucket
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Town is a global cuisine wonderland, offering uplifted versions of international, flavorful dishes sourced from every corner of the globe. Taste our tantalizingly bold, sumptuous flavors within a cool sexy Eastern style lounge. Be adventurous, go to town...
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing dishes & Cocktails in a chic, Not stuffy, outdoor setting.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I feel in love with the comfortable vibe of this restaurant and outdoor patio as soon as i walked in. Other outdoor patios on Nantucket felt very stuffy to me, not to mention the ridiculous prices on their menus.

I was seated by a very pleasant hostess. I ordered a strawberry & jalapeno martini from their unique drink menu. This martini leaves a hot & sweet taste in your mouth, that will make you to go back and have another.
The Nantucket Harbor, Better than Bacon & the 41 with mulled basil, are just a few I remembered and would like to go back and try.

The dishes that came from this kitchen were the finale. The presentation and taste were incredible. Starting with the Shrimp Pot Stickers & Ahi Tuna Stack... both perfection!!
Ending with one of the best dinner combination I have tasted so far, the Pan Seared Halibut withChickpea, Grilled Chorizo, Little Neck Clams, Wilted Arugula.
I can't put into words how delicious this dish was.

The whole staff, from hostesses to bartenders & waitresses, make you feel welcome and comfortable, encouraging you to stay and relax in this hidden gem tucked away in the center of Town. You won't find ridiculously high prices, just amazing dishes & cocktails in a chic but unostentatious setting.

This was the best dinning experience, I have had on Nantucket, by far!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Cc B

Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
“Ate at the Bar”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We ate at the bar. Lola our server was pleasant, I would suggest she give customers ordering food full attention when discussing the menu. Not a criticism just a suggestion. Had two appetizers enjoyed them both. We were there for three nights and this was our best dinner. I would go again.

• Visited May 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Sexy & Satisfying”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were told about this place from other guests staying at our hotel. It was amazing. If you are looking for a very sexy, intimate little place with great seafood and cocktails this is it. Small, cozy, dimly lite, romantic. Nice wine and craft cocktail menu. I had the shrimp and grits which I have had many times before at other places but these had a poached egg on top which added a whole other dimension to this dish. it was over the top. I also ordered a tempura shrimp & avocado roll. It was different in that the shrimp tempura was hot but the avocado and rice was cold. Again, such dimension ! It was too chilly for us to sit outside but there was an outdoor bar and dining area. Overall it was great food and ambiance !

• Visited May 2014
“Very good dinner”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We dined at Town last night and had a good meal in most relaxing surroundings. I chose the short rib tacos to start followed by blackened swordfish. I thoroughly enjoyed both dishes and the quantities were very good but not overwhelming. My wife selected the vegetarian conical wraps which she thought delicious and they looked good. To follow she selected the appetiser scollop which was probably the largest scollop I have ever seen! All in all a very good and most enjoyable dinner in downtown Nantucket.

Nantucket, Massachusetts
“great place love their dinner and a movie special”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

excellent food, service is attentive not intrusive and great cocktails in a relaxing environment. I recommend their 2 for 25 special which is only running for a few more days; full size entree' and app or entree and dessert for 25.00. Their full price menu is a little pricey but that is normal for Nantucket and the food lives up to the cost; their appetizers are especially good and priced well.

• Visited April 2014