“Good food, poor service”

Easy Street Restaurant and Seafood House
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: High quality casual dining experience in one of the finest restaurants on Nantucket, established in 1973. Easy Street Restaurant and Seafood House is a family friendly and affordable place right at Steamboat Wharf, with beautiful waterfront views and outdoor seating. High quality ingredients are used to make your lunch and dinner special. When you are on the island, there are two things you shouldn’t miss - the Whaling Museum and Easy Street Restaurant and Seafood House.
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We entered the restaurant after seeing a sign on the door that there would be a wait of 30 minutes or more due to cross, when we went inside we mentioned that to the waitress who didn't seem to know what we were talking about, the place was not crowded at all. We ordered and she came back to tell us they were out of one of the entrees...when we got the food it was very good! All of us enjoyed the meal but the waitress's seemed a little put out and were slamming things around. We felt very uncomfortable, they never smiled or made you feel welcome. as a business owner myself I know what I would do and I think it's important to properly train your staff and really watch them...remember they are an extension of you! A little disappointing!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Nancy R

Rockport, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good stuff on a cool afternoon”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Went in on a recommendation of a tour guide. We're pleasantly surprised at the quality of food my wife loved the gumbo and the pulled pork sandwich i enjoyed the blackened swordfish and the New Orleans-style french fries. the Dark & Stormy drinks were top notch, and we had a chance to talk at length with the owner and head chef about how he started the restaurant just 3 months before. Staff is friendly and conversational. Certainly a good time!

• Visited October 2013
Windsor, Colorado
“Best clam chowder.”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We spent 7 days on the island and had the good fortune to eat seven different clam chowders. This was the best hands down! It was thick, with lots of clams and potatoes; it was warm and we didn't have to wait long. The price was very reasonable. Good place to eat inside or outside. I can highly recommend it!

Visited September 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Disappointing!!!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I guess it's normal in Nantucket in the summer (with an over 90' heat) for their restaurants without air condition because we ate @ this place for lunch, and oh boy, the place was hot. So we ordered our food, my kids had chicken nuggets (about $10 for kids meal, outrageous!) I had a veggie burger & hubby had cheeseburger. The kids didn't ate their nuggets cause it doesn't have a taste, the veggy & cheese burgers were ok nothing special with them. When we got our check we were appalled, it costs us $78 for an abysmal lunch! The food wasn't good, the place was dusty & the restrooms were so tiny. It was a mistake to ate at this place where we could have dined at a more fancier place with a water view but we are from Cincinnati we shouldn't have followed their beautiful ads in the Nantucket papers where it says this place is "family friendly with a nice view of the water"!

• Visited July 2013
Syracuse, New York
“High expectations and then we were let down”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My family is from New Orleans so I had high expectations for some good Creole food. The day we went, the wait staff was very confused. One waiter asked if we wanted to sit upstairs and the other immediately yelled at him that the upstairs was not ready and was rude to us when he sat us. The chicken and Andouille gumbo was ok, I ordered a shrimp po'boy which just seemed like fresh fried shrimp on a good roll with tartar sauce. This is not how it would be served in New Orleans. My daughter ordered the seared scallop sandwich and was told that he would see if he could do that (it is on the menu) and then my husband ordered the pan seared scallops entrée and was told that they did not have scallops. I had to ask the waiter how he was going to ask about my daughters scallops when he just told my husband that there were no scallops. He was very confused and acted like this was his first day. I was extremely disappointed and would not recommend. Also the restrooms were disgusting!

• Visited August 2013