“Wonderful, relaxing vacation”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Nantucket
New York
“Wonderful, relaxing vacation”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great stay at The Beachside.....after reading some reviews I was nervous but I am still having trouble understanding the complaints. The price was great considering the expense found at most places on the island. The location is perfect since you are halfway between beautiful Jetties beach and town....prepare to walk but Nantucket is beautiful so it's hard to complain.

The room was nice and clean...good amenities including a Keurig was a nice touch. The only complaint was that the towels were on the small side(like most hotels) and our key card would randomly stop working.

The service was friendly although the cleaning staff was significantly friendlier than the front desk staff which makes me think they may want to switch roles...

The breakfast was perfectly fine....and perfect for those not wanting to walk into town for breakfast. It included an assortment of muffins, waffles, toast, and yogurt. Definitely a nice touch and not an area to complain about.

One area of improvement would be if the hotel offered a shuttle...although not expected we did notice many hotel shuttles waiting for their guests off the ferry so it puts an immediate impression in your head....we walked with our luggage and stroller which was a pain but fine...a cab is also a good option.

Definitely looking forward to a return trip to Nantucket and would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank inthemethod
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
inthemethod, Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are looking into all of the points that you brought to our attention so that we can ensure that needed corrections on each point that you mentioned are made. We do offer a varied assortment of items for breakfast so that our guests do not have to leave the hotel and can just relax by the pool, if they so choose. Although we do not have a regularly timed shuttle, we do have a hotel van that we use many times to accomodate our guests, if they need to be picked up or dropped off at the ferries. In the future, please let us know in advance and we would be happy to accomodate you by picking you up or dropping you off at the ferries. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again this season! Karen Keelan., Managing Partner., The Beachside at Nantucket

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is in an great location if do not mind bit of a walk. It is located halfway between downtown and Jetties beach. It is about half a mile give or take to the beach and downtown in opposite directions. The rooms are clean, a bit small but nice. Only issue was the bathroom which required the window to be open or the room became very humid. No fan and window was open when we checked in. The service was good, employees are polite and answer any questions in a professional manner. The hotel provides a free continental breakfast. Food is very expensive on Nantucket even considering tourists rates. If you have a infant or child a stroller is a must. It may be an island but there is a good bit of traffic both car and bike.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 125. No working fan in bath room and room becomes very humid.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank boblet451
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Boblet451., We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your recent stay at the Beachside. We looked into the bathroom fan issue and have replaced the unit and the new one is in perfect working order. We welcome your thoughts so that we can continually strive to ensure that all of our guests are 100% satusfied with their stay at the Beachside at Nantucket. We are celebrating our 50th anniversary year this season and will continue to offer special packages for our guests. We hope to see you again this season! Karen Keelan.,. Managing Partner., The Beachside at Nantucket
Boston
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is my third time staying at the Beachside and I absolutely love this hotel. I felt very welcomed at check-in. The front desk staff is all very accommodating and helpful. The room was nicely done and very clean and comfortable. Perfect walking distance to town, shopping, the beach etc.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank kathylee24
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Kathylee24, Thank you for your nice comments on your recent stay at the Beachside! As you know., we have many repeat guests who stay with us every year, and we so appreciate your loyalty. We will always work very hard to welcome new and repeat guests to this beautiful island and to the Beachside. We hope to see you again this season! Karen Keelan., Managing Partner., The Beachside at Nantucket
Holliston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The location of this motel is nice; a walk (not short) to a beautiful beach. It is a long walk to town, so a cab is recommended if you have suitcases. A few really nice restaurants are not too far. It is in a residential area, lots of very lovely and exceptionally lovely homes to see on a walk.

I am not sure if the second floor had the same issues as we did on the first floor pool room, but I'd suggest asking for second floor.

What was good: the furniture is nice, room close to check in, had a patio (but people had taken our furniture from patio and moved to theirs, so that didn't get used). Back of room is a parking lot; not worth opening that door. Staff at check-in and out were nice and efficient. Breakfast is free but usual toaster, microwave yourself food. Very clean. food area. Generous amount of food available, along with coffee/tea/juice. There is a lovely sitting area at check-in, same room as breakfast. There were not many people there when we stayed, so not sure about noise. I would imagine on a day kids were using the pool, it would be noisy.

What could be improved: immediate smell of carpet cleaner as you walk into the very damp room; we had to wear our shoes so not to get wet feet or socks. Bathroom was very small. No desk in the room, so if you are on a business trip, this might not work for you. Small table and chairs at the window, but very much like outdoor furniture with uncomfortable cushions that were not bright and clean. Not sure from what, but my feet and legs were covered with bites, seemingly spider and fleas/mosquitoes by the afternoon.

Thus, if you have booked here or will stay, I 'd suggest one perhaps on the second floor. I'd ask to see (and smell) the room before accepting it.

Room Tip: Far away from the pool and any sources of dampness!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PammyBret7
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
PammyBret7, as always, we appreciate the time that our guests take to let us know how we are doing. For all of our first floor rooms other than the Cliffside rooms, we do provide outdoor furniture for guests to use during their stays. We would have definitely replaced the furniture for your specific room if we had known that other guests had taken yours. All of the carpets in each room were, in fact, cleaned the week of May 4th, immediately before the hotel opened. I am not quite sure of your date of your stay, but all of the room carpets did have ample room to dry before guests checked in. As far as the desks, each room on the property does have a writing desk and chair, with all new cushions that are cleaned very regularly. I would be glad to discuss this in detail with you, as I want to make sure that we address each issue. I welcome you to reach me through the front desk at the hotel anytime by calling our main number. I would be pleased to address your concerns in person, and offer you another opportunity at no expense to join us at the Beachside. I look forward to hearing from you. Karen Keelan., Managing Partner., The Beachside at Nantucket

Travellers are raving about these Nantucket hotels

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was our third stay at The Beachside. My husband and I have stayed here for every stage of our lives now...just us and the dog, pregnant us and the dog, and now us, the dog, and the baby! The location is perfect to walk just about anywhere, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the pool is beautiful, and the service is professional and personable. Every member of the staff would say hi to our baby (by name!) and dog every time we saw them. A pack and play was set up (with sheets!) in our room when we arrived, and we were able to borrow Sesame Street videos to play in our room for our little one. My husband and I have both worked in luxury hotels and The Beachside encompasses so many of the qualitites of a luxury hotel at an affordable price that is perfect for families. We will be staying here as long as our family fits!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashleigh S
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Ashleigh., of course we remember you and your wonderful family (and Scarlet, the dog!) and we were all so happy to see you again! Thank you for your comments and so glad that you and your family will be back to see us next year. We will continue to work hard to make our guests happy during their stays with us and we appreciate your continuing loyalty. Have a wonderful year and we will see you all next season! Karen Keelan., Owner., The Beachside at Nantucket
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I came to Nantucket in September, the weekend after Labor Day, with my boyfriend for a weekend getaway. We had an awesome stay at The Beachside - I will recommend this to anyone traveling to Nantucket and I will stay there again when I return.

The Beachside is in the perfect location - it's close to town, close to the beach - Jetties beach in particular, and really quite convenient to everything.

The amenities are great as well - complimentary continental breakfast every morning which was very convenient and a nice plus. The pool and patio are the perfect size.

The staff is so welcoming, nice and customer-service oriented. In fact, my first day there, my bike got a flat tire from a screw sticking up in the bike rack; without hesitation, the hotel manager took my tire down to the local bike shop immediately and had a new tire for me in less than 30 minutes, at no charge to me. The screw in the rack was remedied as soon as he returned back with my new tire.

I highly recommend bringing bikes if you can, versus renting them as it will save you money. Either way, bikes are very beneficial during your time in Nantucket as they allow you to get everywhere quickly and without the cost. There are excellent bike paths on the island as well. We rode everywhere, including Cisco Beach and Brewery which are only about 3-4 miles away.

In reviews I read prior to my stay, I had read to request a room that faced a pool; I did not do this b/c it didn't matter to me, especially because they cost more, however, when we did stay, we were stuck in a Full Bed which was tight but manageable and saw that the Pool-facing rooms were larger. Not a huge deal to us but wanted to mention it.

I see this property fitting for couples and families.

Room Tip: Rooms with patio facing the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank edevaney
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
So nice to hear from you regarding your enjoyable stay at the Beachside! Your recommendation about using bikes when on Nantucket will be so helpful to others, as it will give others the opportunities to see the beautiful island of Nantucket in a much better way. There are beautiful bike paths throughout the island, and of course we will do everything to help our guests in whatever ways that we can. Our staff at the Beachside know how important it is to help our guests and we were happy that we were able to help you with your bike tire. Many of our guests come back every year to visit us and we are thrilled that you will be doing so again! Have a wonderful year and we look forward to seeing you again in 2014! Karen Keelan., Owner., The Beachside
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 4 September 2013

a clean neat place located close to town with easy parking and a friendly staff
excellent breakfast choice and complimentary wi-fi a plus. goods are fine and this is one of the few places in nantucket with a pool. also near to the beach

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
KarenK12_12, Owner at The Beachside, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Our staff is working very hard this year to make sure that our guests have an enjoyable stay in all aspects. So glad you got a chance to enjoy our hotel and pool, as well as the beautiful island of Nantucket. Although many guests do not bring their cars to Nantucket., we have ample parking for those who do. Hope to see you again either this season or next! Karen Keelan, Owner., The Beachside