We've been coming to Nantucket for our "end of the summer" vacation for over 20 years. We have stayed in most of the high-end places on the island and I have say that the Cliffside Beach Club is tops on the list. It's a unique property that sits on a pristine beach and the beachfront rooms are only about 100 ft from the water. A long jetty protects the beach so the water is calm and warm (warm is a relative term; I mean warm for NE waters!). The Galley Restaurant right next door on the beach and is one of the top restaurants on Nantucket. If bargain prices are what you are looking for; this isn't it! In fact, there are not a whole lot of bargain prices anywhere on the entire island of Nantucket! But if it’s charm and a romantic setting that you’re looking for, Nantucket is the place and Cliffside can’t be beat.
If you're looking for a great beach experience, it doesn't get much better. The owners, Robert and Monique, have continually invested and improved the property over the years. Management of the property is pretty much a "family affair" involving their daughters, Misha & Vanessa, and their spouses. When we first came here 20 years ago, a very nice young guy named Chip was Robert's right hand man making certain that the expectations of high paying guests were met. Some 20 years later, Chip is the one that runs the place. Upon our arrival yesterday, Chip was in the lobby to greet us, making us feel like special first time guests! But it's still the beach, the colorful umbrellas and beach-chairs and a great staff that makes this place special. I mentioned to Misha that with all the expansion, this place has not lost a bit of its charm. Her response was that "charm" is what's behind every detail of Cliffside and that's totally a result of Monique. Cliffside is her baby and no change will occur that doesn't meet the test of her "charm meter".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close your eyes. Imagine the soft sounds of waves crashing, the fresh sea breeze in your face, and the feeling of warm sand in your toes. This is the ultimate relaxation that is found at Cliffside Beach Club. This unique combination of boutique hotel and private beach club, offers its guests a range of amenities that are rarely found at other resorts. The hotel sits on the beach just one mile from the center of Nantucket. This allows for our guests to be close enough to easily enjoy all of its shops, restaurants, and quaint cobblestone streets, while also being far enough away to luxuriate in the peace and quiet of an oceanfront room. The beautiful private beach offers guests something other hotel in Nantucket can offer, which in an intimate resort setting and such close proximity to a vibrant and historic town. Our guests have the freedom on how to start their day. Perhaps a morning workout at Nantucket’s finest gym in the best way to wake up or slowly waking up slowly under an ideally sheltered pool area before heading out to the beach for the afternoon. Enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail at the private bar overlooking the beach or perhaps take your drink back to your own private deck and watch the sun set into the ocean right before your eyes. Understandably, many of our guests find it hard to leave the hotel and we can’t wait for you to experience Cliffside Beach Club. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cliffside Beach Club Hotel Nantucket
- Cliffside Beach Club And Hotel
- Cliffside Beach Hotel
- Cliffside Beach Nantucket