Children are allowed but NOT welcome. Being both pregnant and the mother of a 3 year old - I would not recommend this resort to other families with children. Immediately upon entering the lobby - there was a library atmosphere and I was uncomfortable (knowing my child is not a mute). The beach is small - if your toddler runs around like mine - they can be off the beach and into a busy parking lot in seconds. We were chastized by the staff because our child sat down behind one of the umbrellas. The umbrella was vacated but we were told it was for one of the rooms. We stayed in one of the rooms with direct access to the beach. The room was small with brown carpeting and old paneling for the cabinetry - no microwave or coffee machine (a mothers best friend). There was no bath tub or even a small handheld shower head so I could wash my child. There is a shower (with hand held spray) near the fitness center but I was told no children allowed. The pool is advertised as heated but it is kept very cold and I wasn't the only one to notice this. Since we had a child - we could only swim in the mornings for the 2 hours children are allowed. Being that it is colder in the morning - the pool was somewhat unpleasant. I did call the front desk and they did not want to do anything about the temperature. The pool area itself is gorgeous. The place is clean beyond belief - the staff is constantly cleaning (it actually can get annoying). They do offer a breakfast but its really equivalent to a cheap motel continental breakfast. Other than that - our room was near the restaurant so the smell of constant cooking (fried fish, meat) is very nauseating for a pregnant lady. I would recommend this place if your older without children. It is very quiet, clean and the staff want to carry everything for you. There is a small bay beach so if you have trouble walking on sand and want quiet water (yes even the water was quiet) - this place is for you. If you want activities, a lighter/happier atmosphere, or have children - I would find another resort. Considering how precious vacation days are and the cost - you can do much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close your eyes. Imagine the soft sounds of waves crashing, the fresh sea breeze in your face, and the feeling of warm sand in your toes. This is the ultimate relaxation that is found at Cliffside Beach Club. This unique combination of boutique hotel and private beach club, offers its guests a range of amenities that are rarely found at other resorts. The hotel sits on the beach just one mile from the center of Nantucket. This allows for our guests to be close enough to easily enjoy all of its shops, restaurants, and quaint cobblestone streets, while also being far enough away to luxuriate in the peace and quiet of an oceanfront room. The beautiful private beach offers guests something other hotel in Nantucket can offer, which in an intimate resort setting and such close proximity to a vibrant and historic town. Our guests have the freedom on how to start their day. Perhaps a morning workout at Nantucket’s finest gym in the best way to wake up or slowly waking up slowly under an ideally sheltered pool area before heading out to the beach for the afternoon. Enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail at the private bar overlooking the beach or perhaps take your drink back to your own private deck and watch the sun set into the ocean right before your eyes. Understandably, many of our guests find it hard to leave the hotel and we can’t wait for you to experience Cliffside Beach Club. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cliffside Beach Club Hotel Nantucket
- Cliffside Beach Club And Hotel
- Cliffside Beach Hotel
- Cliffside Beach Nantucket