“The inn is charming, clean, and accommodating.”
Review of Nantucket Inn

Nantucket Inn
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Nantucket
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful mid-week stay at the Nantucket Inn. It's an affordable option for the island- not luxury by far- but lovely (I found the main house/reception area particularly charming and cozy), clean, and accommodating. It's a bit off-putting to see the airport when you drive up, but the property and the shuttle (which is fabulous) more than make up for that. The room was very clean (including the bathroom, which I am fussy about), with clean and inviting white bedding in the oversized double room. The staff- from the front desk, to the shuttle drivers, to the bartenders (my husband enjoyed chatting with Wendell at the bar)- were attentive, warm, and professional. My only complaint was about the written presentation/advertising of "Mom's Breakfast" as something special- it was simply your typical, hotel breakfast buffet, with the standard choices. I'd have no complaints if it were simply advertised as "full buffet breakfast" or something of that sort, but billing as is implies (to me) that there will be cooked-to-order options, or at least an omelette station. So, despite the rave reviews on the breakfast, we were the least pleased with this. But, don't let this deter you- it's still a great place if you are looking for something more affordable.

• Stayed: July 2014
ScottWThomas, General Manager at Nantucket Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you Pympkin for your very kind words - especially regarding our amazing staff! Although it seems that perhaps you have been reading the wonderful tripadvisor reviews of our free Mom's Breakfast. As I think you will find that we actually keep our description quite simple - as you suggest. In any event, we thank you very much and look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel has a lot to offer. But there are some down sides as well.

The pros- The staff was extremely friendly! The lobby, check-in and indoor bar areas were very pretty. The room price was reasonable. The free breakfast was wonderful! Shuttle was convenient -but perhaps they could add a stop somewhere else on the island. Two pools to choose from. Nice toiletries from Bath and Body Works!!

The cons-The grounds have plenty of flowers but the buildings are a bit run down. They need better building maintenance on the outside. Lots of mold...needs a good power washing! The walk ways are trimmed with old wood that really needs upgrading. The outdoor furniture in the courtyards could use replacing with nicer furniture.

The room was ok, but the bathroom needs nicer floors and updating. Room in general needed upgrading. The television was a large screen but not HD. The walls in the rooms are very thin!
In the middle of the night, some rowdy neighbors were outside our room, or perhaps in their room, screaming/carrying on all night. I called down to request that someone speak to them. The noise continued! In the morning I was told someone went looking for them but could not find them!!! What?? They were so loud, it was impossible not to hear them!!! I was told in the morning upon asking, that I could be moved within the same courtyard, but that would not have helped. Thank goodness they seemed to leave the next day! It was very disappointing-sleepless night! I know it was not their fault, but I really wished someone would have quieted them down! :( Maybe they need a bouncer at night! ;)

It would be nice to have a larger bar menu for the outside pool. A few of beers to choose from and one mixed drink of V8 Splash and a TINY bit of Malibu rum.

All in all it was a nice stay. The staff were VERY nice. I would only suggest that the owner of the property invest some money into upgrading some things. It seems the staff does well with what they have. This is a great place for people with children and the two pools are nice activities for the kids. Breakfast is VERY good...and I'm not even a breakfast person. My kids kept asking if there was a gift shop...not necessary but if people need sunscreen, goggles, snacks etc. for the pool, that would be helpful! I know it's not the White Elephant, but if the OWNER invested in a few things it would be right up there! ;)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank krisiek22

Dear krisiek! Thanks very much for the nice and detailed review. We won't hit every point you mention but we did want to touch on one in particular. Our ownership is committed to reinvesting in the property and providing a quality product for our guests. After funding important infrastructure projects such as roofs and mechanicals, the vast majority of our capital investment each year is earmarked for guest related improvements. This includes an on-going multi-year bathroom renovation plan. The Nantucket Inn fills the important affordable niche in the Nantucket lodging market and has no desire to compete with our high dollar luxury neighbors. But we appreciate the thought. And thank you!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed with these wonderfull people over july 4th weekend . We were on the island for a wedding . The rooms were clean and just the right size . Moms breakfest was awesome ! I would like to say how WONDERFULL AND COURTEIOUS the staff was ! Extremely accomidating .the outside pool with bar was def the coolest along with the inside lounge bar . Thank you mr wyndell , brent , patricia and peter for making us feel at home ! Great job ! ! We will be back to see you for sure !

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Amy S
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Needed a place to stay when working on the island for a weekend. Wanted to also bring my family, found this gem and the price was right (least expensive hotel, by far on the island). Breakfast was included, which was a huge bonus.

Pools were clean, grounds were well kept and everyone running the inn seemed friendly enough.

Rooms were clean and big enough for our party of 5, I brought my daughter and they provided a crib at no extra cost. We were mostly there to sleep and get ready prior to sightseeing (my husband) or working on the island (me!).

If needed to go back to Nantucket, and hey - who doesn't want to try to find some excuse to go back during summer! I would definitely recommend the Nantucket Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
ScottWThomas, General Manager at Nantucket Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Valerie (and family!) The truth is, Nantucket requires a great many working folk to keep the wheels moving every season. And the Nantucket Inn is always happy to help with accommodations for both professionals and their families - and can we say, we think it is a great idea to bring the family along! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and found it good value for your dollar. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you!

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Probably a great place to bring the family. It has a summer camp feel to the resort. Front office building has indoor pool, restaurant, lounge, fitness room and pool table. Outdoor pool is at the other end of resort and the food (other than breakfast) comes from a local restaurant. The tennis courts are clay which we likes however the short walk there from the pool looks like a construction site. Oh, the pool bar is basically beer....no frozen drinks or bartender. The grounds could have been better kept, maybe occasionally weeded?
The proximity to the airport isn't too big a noise problem and they get a ton of business from pilots of the private jets that are constantly in and out of here. Nice breakfast buffet, I hear it is included in room price for some be we were charged about 15 bucks each. I guess because we booked through expedia? Who knows. Anyway for the money it's ok but when I return I might check out another place.

Stayed: July 2014
ScottWThomas, General Manager at Nantucket Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Wow! David - queen bed, private bath, flat screen TV and AC - sounds like your experience at summer camp was quite a bit different than ours! But we do note that your reservation overlapped the long holiday weekend and that we were hosting quite a few happy families (and pilots!) All enjoying the Nantucket Inn amenities. We had also just been brushed by Hurricane Arthur, so we do apologize if the grounds were in a bit of disarray while we tidied up. Your special rate would include breakfast regardless of where you chose to book - we are always partial to booking direct with the hotel - all we ask is that you present your breakfast vouchers to your server. If there was a problem with that I would ask that you contact me directly at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We enjoyed our first stay at the Inn very much. The staff was helpful and courteous. The breakfasts were delicious. The shuttle was convenient and we were happy to be without our car. The beach was beautiful. We used our dinner voucher in town and it was very nice. The outdoor pool was a relaxing place for lunch. We were worried about airport noise but it was not an issue.
We would return again. Thanks Nantucket Inn! Nice beginning to summer!

Room Tip: The cottage is very nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Maureen for the very kind words about the Nantucket Inn. We are always happy to hear from happy and relaxed guests and we are anxious to welcome you back again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our family of four (two teens) was well accommodated in the very spacious cottage room (with a rollaway available for rent). Although we have always stayed within walking distance to town, this gem was worth the shuttle ride. Across from the airport, we were amazed at how quiet sitting outside was. The hotel was spotless, complete with friendly/knowledgeable staff and great amenities (tennis, pools and Mom's famous breakfast buffet). I would highly recommend this Inn. By staying here we tried two new restaurants (one within walking distance-AK Diamonds). Easy Riders bikes delivered to our hotel and we were a short ride to Surfside beach. We can't wait to come back to the island. We hope your experience is as good as ours!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family