Visited Nantucket and stayed at the Nantucket Inn in August, 2014 for four days. Below are thoughts on the visit and stay at the inn.
Boston, MA family
- Inn service was fantastic. Inn staff aim to please the guests and are friendly, attentive, and help with any question or inquiry.
- The inn room was clean (floor, walls, bathroom, sheets, bath towels, etc.). Room size was good and had two sinks (in addition to a shower in the full bathroom).
- The buffet style breakfast at the inn ('Mom's Breakfast') is fantastic with a full spread of food (waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, fruit, danish, croissants, english muffin, etc) and drinks (orange juice and coffee). Breakfast meals at the Nantucket Inn compare to no other breakfast consumed during the rest of the year.
- The shuttle bus to and from downtown is about a 10 to 15 minute ride (traffic depending) and runs seven days a week from 8 AM to midnight. The shuttle bus will also provide drop off and pick up service to Surfside Beach (great beach for families with food shack, changing room, bathroom facilities, and beach chair and umbrella rentals). The inn shuttle will also pick you up and drop you off at the Steamship Authority ferry dock when requested.
All in all, the Nantucket Inn deserves a top notch rating. It's not extravagant and super pricey like some Nantucket island inns but it serves an important niche; family friendly on a budget that allows all socioeconomic backgrounds to enjoy the island.
Thank you to Scott Thomas, Nantucket Inn General Manager, and the Inn staff for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Affordable Nantucket. 100 room resort nestled among three landscaped acres just outside the hustle and bustle of downtown. Indoor and outdoor pools, lighted tennis courts and complimentary shuttle service to historic downtown and nearby Surfside beach (ferry and airport transfers too). All rates include complete Mom's Breakfast. Great package plans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Nantucket Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.