“Close to Everything”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nantucket
Safe Harbor Guest House
Ranked #33 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My daughter and I visited Nantucket for the first time over Labor Day weekend. We stayed in the South Roomand we loved our room with the deck and the view of the water. I had read the reviews so I knew to look for a key upon our arrival at Safe Harbor after a short walk from the ferry. This was perfect as we were a bit early but very tired from our travels so it was great to be able to go right to our room.
The house is in a perfect location as it is close to town but on a quiet street up from the beach.
We enjoyed the coffee and breakfast each morning.
On the first morning I woke up a member of the staff as we were in need of a personal item. She could not have been more friendly and helpful. Thank you!!
We look forward to returning to Nantucket and The Safe Harbor Guest House.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 September 2013

When I made my reservations at this inn, I knew I was not staying at a luxury inn. I was expecting simple, clean accommodations. I liked the location( which is the only nice thing I can say about my stay, minus the ferry horn @ 6 ish every morning). When we arrived there was no one to be found. After saying hello a few times a disheveled woman appeared, she was busy cleaning another room. She wasn't very hospitable at all, explained when breakfast was,( which we chose not to partake in) and that was pretty much it. Th rest of the times we saw her throughout our two day stay, she never once said hello, and at times looked confused as why were there. Our room was TINY. No tv, not even a radio. As another reviewer wrote, dial soap was the only toiletry provided. Forget about a hair dryer, no outlets in bathroom. Our shower curtain looked like there may have blood splatter on it. If were staying more than two days, we would have cut our losses, and stayed some place else. The best part was this morning when we left, the wall ac stopped working. We didn't bother telling her, we were leaving. I then noticed we had lost power. We then were outside just killing time before our ferry, I see a man in our room, which all our stuff was still in. I go up and it's a repair guy putting new outlets in. He told us that the one he just removed basically crumbled in his hands. The place is a huge fire hazard as far as I am concerned. Maybe spend some money on Basic repairs on the in Itself, and not have a bunch of pottery barn furniture outside. Do yourself a favor and spend some extra money and stay at an inn that wants your business after you have payed and is safe and clean to stay in!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karaanderic
Lisa W, Manager at Safe Harbor Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

We would like to apologize to the guests. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, and your various complaints about the size of the room , the shower curtain , lack of amenities etc, demeanor and appearance of housekeeper.. We are sorry you did not partake in our Breakfast, as that is one amenity that virtually all of our Guests are extremely pleased with. As to the account of losing power and subsequent assumptions , I am sorry but this part of the review is very skewed. I was in the kitchen and heard the breaker box trip as will happen sometimes in any Guest House I have worked in and any property I have managed for numerous people including our Vice President.. When I could not flip the switch back (which has NEVER happened in the 22 years I have been at Safe Harbor) I callled our electrician who came immediately and the problem was fixed right away. I should mention the house has been rewired , and this year all new smoke detectors and CO Detectors were installed ahead of Fire Department mandate. We had the Alarm company go everything and have all inspections up to date.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Let me say something nice first: The room (West)was big and bright. The house is nicely located>
That's it.
The Innkeeper, Lisa, was a rumor. We found our room keys in an envelope by the door. We never saw her. We learned that breakfast breakfast would be served at 8:30 from a note on a chalk board. And so it was - blueberries, strawberries, bagels, slices of muenster cheese not peeled off from their paper separaters.. A four-slice toaster with only one slot working. The room had a bathroom with a shower curtain?biology project. The mold was growing quite vigorously on it. No bath amenities,save for one bar of Dove soap-no shampoo, no nothing else.
We left three days later never having met the innkeeper. Maybe our stay during the week of August 12 was so late in the season that the staff was exhausted. But no greeting, no farewell and no prepared breakfast was apparently too much to expect for $268 per night.

Room Tip: Try a different Inn
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fosdick
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My boyfriend and I came with another couple from NYC for a double birthday celebration and it was such a lovely, sweet inn! The innkeeper, Lisa, does such a nice job and puts out nice fresh fruit and a selection of breads/muffins in the morning. She is there and helpful if you need her, but gives you your space and privacy. Lovely front porch for early evening wine or breakfast. Great location, too!

2  Thank Dista24
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed at safe harbor for 4 nights and had a great time!! We were in the west wind room. Being in this room we were really able to enjoy the front porch and the easy access to breakfast. There is beach and playground across the street that provided us with hours of entertainment. Rooms were clean and tidy. The common areas were also clean and welcoming. There were other guest there at the same time enjoying the living room and one cold morning there was even a fire, nice touch. I will stay here again for sure!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank abenbow
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Arriving at Safe Harbor and smelling the home made muffins was the start of an excellent 4days. Lisa the innkeeper was welcoming and helpful. The breakfast had numerous fresh fruit every morning and the front porch felt like home. One afternoon the innkeepers doughtier was rehearsing with her band and my wife and our other 2 friends sat in as an audience and were delighted at this rare treat. The location is great the rooms are clean and it feels like a home away from home. Thanks for letting us use the premise after the checkout time

1  Thank Joel K
Reviewed 16 July 2012

An unexpected free night without the kids and thought we might be able to make a quick getaway and find a last minute place to stay. I was met with rudeness and actual laughter at some of the places I tried calling. I actually started thinking I don't think I want to come to Nantucket with all these snooty attitudes. Well, thanks to Bruce my faith was restored. The Safe Harbor didn't have any availabilty and he did try to search and help me out. He even took my number in case he heard of anything. So THANKS Bruce, at least I know the Island is completely full of rude people and I will be trying to book a room here the next time my hubby and I can get away!

1  Thank Foodconnorsuier