“Nice dinner”

Ranked #14 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

With 8 of us, service and delivery of food were terrific. Waitress was exceptional in her attention and reading when she needed to stop by and when to to. Lobster bisque was terrific as was the tuna special. Duck and and short ribs were excellemnt.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank xx_familyguy_xx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Boston
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I had a wonderful two-night stay at the Ships Inn. The inn is a very short walk to town and the perfect spot for easy access to the ferry, shops and restaurants. The proprietors of the inn are gracious and welcoming. We had 3 people stay in a room and it was good sized and tastefully decorated. It also had hotel like amenities including a small frig, iron, blow dryer, cotton balls and shampoo, as well as towels and chairs for the beach. The breakfast was very good and it was a nice selection of pastries, quiche, eggs and yogurt. Coffee is available early in the morning and in the afternoon, homemade cookies, ice tea and lemonade were provided. The Ships Inn is a perfect place to stay on Nantucket. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bostontraveler0
PA
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I loved the Ships Inn. The location was perfect (a 5 minute walk into town) and our room was clean and comfortable. We stayed in the Bedford room which easily could have accommodated 3 people. But probably the best part was the wonderful breakfast that we had in the pretty restaurant downstairs. I had forgotten that breakfast was included. The hot casseroles, muffins, yogurt, fruit, etc were all delicious. There was also coffee first thing in the morning in the upstairs sitting area. Fair Street is a pretty street with attractive houses and beautiful flowers. We had a great vacation on Nantucket!

Room Tip: Bedford and Nantucket rooms are both on the first floor. I was just as glad not to climb the steps w...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 3kidsPa
Woodbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I heard about the Ships Inn from our friend of mine who raved about it. I was planning a long weekend with my parents for their 60th wedding anniversary. I needed something close to town because my dad isn't that mobil. I emailed MaryLou about needing the ground floor for them. She was very helpful through the whole process and replied back promptly on any of my questions. Unfortunately, the day before we were suppose to go my dad was hospitalized. MaryLou was very understanding and refund everything but 10% service fee which was very reasonable since it was so late to rent 3 rooms. I hope to get to the Ships Inn one day and meet MaryLou!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank crd1388
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This well-kept historic house was situated in a convenient location, close to the main town centre, but in a quiet street. Our room was airy and clean and refreshingly bright for a historic house! Mary-Lou was friendly and helpful and the breakfast feast was delicious. They kindly stored our bags after we checked out so we could explore the town before our ferry back to the mainland. Ships Inn is a beautiful house and is very reasonably priced by Nantucket standards! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shelldashe
Yardley, PA
Reviewed 29 September 2011

My friend and I stayed in the single rooms and shared the bath. We each had a sink in our rooms, a fridge-and let me tell you-the mattress in Aurora was better than the one I have at home. VERY comfortable. The place was spotless and the staff was very attentive while not obtrusive.

We arrived very early 7:30 am! We really hoped only to drop off our bags, but Mary Lou graciously showed us to our rooms since they were available - then invited us to breakfast! The location is wonderful and just steps away from downtown. Bob got my friend a cup of tea each night to take to her room even while working the busy restaraunt. We didn't eat at the restaurant but the breakfast's were wonderful. Substantial, not just muffins, all homemade and delicious!

Highly recommend. This was my first time at a B & B and I will surely stay here agein.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BarbaraJones29
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 September 2011

A great place for a quick stay. Bed and room was very comfortable and clean. Arrived very late at night via the last ferry and there was a gentleman there that was exceptionally nice. The lady in the morning was a bit judgmental, but an excellent cook. A breakfast is included with the price and there is a renown restaurant downstairs. The breakfast had a bunch of unique foods that was all homemade and delicious. Bedding and room were very clean and a great deal for the money. While it's one of the cheaper places to stay we could find on the island, you would have never guessed it from the experience. Overall, a great stay on a beautiful island.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple