“The best family style and Italian food on ACK”
Review of Fusaro's

Fusaro's
Ranked #37 of 141 Restaurants in Nantucket
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
“The best family style and Italian food on ACK”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My wife is from ACK so everytime we go there to visit her family we always have a mission to have the whole family go one night for dinner there. Coming from Upstate NY and being Italian I know my food. Fusaro's is equal to all the best up here. Try the rigatoni with sausage and chicken.

Brooklyn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WARNING They DO NOT take allergies seriously”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I suffer from Celiac disease and therefore was glad to see there is an Italian option on Nantucket. Today we got take out from fusaros and specifically asked for the gluten free pasta. One comfort is that fusaros uses schar gluten free penne which is smooth and not ribbed and therefore can be easily distinguished from the gluten containing penne. We got our order home and it was clear we had the gluten containing pasta, we called the restaurant and they claimed the order was correct. We were not satisfied with this answer so we drove 15 mins back to fusaros as we would hate someone who was not as diligent as I am to be subject to the same error and get sick. I was astonished that the front of house and kitchen claimed it was gluten free. I went and triple checked Schars penne and it was smooth. I can only assume that the staff either knew they made a mistake and didn't want to admit it or they are so incompetent they didn't realize they made a mistake. People with celiac or any food allergy should therefore think very carefully before visiting this restaurant. I will NOT be going back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Peterrokn
TomF4100, Owner at Fusaro's, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
As the owner of Fusaro’s, as well as the person you spoke to when you returned with the pasta dish you refer to, I’d like to apologize for all of the confusion you describe with your meal.
As it turns out, on the night that you called in we had run out of the Schar Brand Gluten Free Penne pasta and had substituted for it with another gluten free brand called Bionaturae. This brand is also imported from Italy and is in our opinion of the same quality as the Schar brand. The only real difference between the two brands is that the Bionaturae is penne rigate (with ridges) while the Schar is penne without ridges. So, on this particular night our gluten free pasta did look somewhat similar to our pasta that is not gluten free, and is the reason behind the confusion. I can 100% guarantee you that your pasta dish was in fact gluten free. Again, I’m sorry that I was not made aware of the change in brands on the night in question here.
I can assure you that we absolutely do take allergies very seriously here at Fusaro’s and we proudly offer a very popular, separate menu for our (many) gluten free customers.
Coventry
“Dinner 2nd nite”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The food was great and the service was good. We had a new waitress who was training and she did a great job. The food came out quickly and everything was fresh and delicous

Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Basic Italian place with friendly vibe”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We went to Fusaro's for the first time on our recent visit to Nantucket and will definitely go back again. Everyone there was incredibly friendly. I had the chicken Marsala which was decent. The sauce was a bit creamier than I expected at first but it definitely had the Marsala taste. My husband had the beef short ribs which he raved about and the kids enjoyed their chicken tenders. The waitress and hostess were both were friendly. Portions were generous. The bar though small seemed to be very lively. When we arrived the restaurant portion was almost empty but that changed quickly. It seemed to be a popular spot for the year round Nantucketers. We definitely plan to go back there again.

• Visited November 2013
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Delish”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great place to enjoy real Italian food. Outdoor patio seating in the summer is a nice touch, just watch that the cushions are not wet. The Almond Joy Martini was excellent.

Visited August 2013