“Skip it.”

Cuisines: Chinese
Orlando, Florida
“Skip it.”
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

This place is weird. From their website, you'd think that this was a high-end Asian bistro. When we finally found it (after asking a local who was shocked we wanted to go there) we learned this is an old convenience store/diner with no signage. Half the lights were out when we walked in. The tables had ketchup on them...(?) When we asked for the food we had ordered 40 minutes before, they had no food ready. We told them forget it, and left. Went to Thai House down the street instead. It was very good.

1 Thank jdjd2004

CT
“Disguised, but worth the hunt to scratch that Chinese food itch”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The signs out front (as of Mid-August) say "Old South Diner", and if you are getting takeout, as I was, you walk into the Old South Market which is advertising sandwhiches, not chinese food. You almost feel like you have to give the secret password, but this is the place (57 Old south road).

I was worried when the Harbor Wok closed (not great food, but solid). I came across this place, which has only been open a couple months, while reading an article on the Harbor Woks demise.

I ordered general tao's chicken and throughly enjoyed it. Quality ingredients, a slightly different taste than I'm used to, but it wasn't over breaded. I ordered extra spicy and it tasted as spicy as normal general's chicken, so I'd recommend ordering extra spicey if you want any kick at all.

The pork fried right was good also, I'll be coming back if they are still here in 2012.

I paid $26 for my order of General's and fried rice (note, the generals did NOT come with rice, so you need to order it). High for the mainland, yes, but about what you'd expected on Nantucket.

• Visited August 2011