“I love this B & B”
Review of Hawthorn House

Hawthorn House
Ranked #18 of 38 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I would absolutely recommend the Hawthorn House. It is a very pretty building with 3 floors, and the rooms are all different and very nice. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. It is also right downtown all along the pretty cobblestone roads. The breakfast voucher was muchly appreciated, and we dined at Arno's which we loved! Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank CEC921

Reviewed 7 August 2011

We love staying at Hawthorn House because of their extremely convenient location....a short walk from the ferry and literally around the corner from the downtown attractions, shops and restaurants....yet it is located on a quiet, peaceful street. Mitch and Diane are gracious hosts who know the island well. We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I have been coming to Nantucket for over 40 years. I have owned houses, been a house guest and stayed in many of the Inns and hotels.
on July Fourth weekend I stayed (my first time) at the Hawthorn House, and most importantly in the Cubby Hole. Loved it! The room is totally separate and detached from the rest of the rest of the Inn- very private, very cute, a big room with a kitchen and little sitting area. The Inn keepers were fantastic. Most inn keepers on ACK get a bit cranky on really crowded weekends. Not our hosts. Helpful, Happy, and just plain accommodating. They were even instrumental in helping me receive a critical FedEx package. The Inn is dead in the middle of town but on a quiet street - Location is perfect. this place is great and will now be the first call I make whenever I need a room on Nantucket!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DavidWeil
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I visit the island almost every summer and have stayed at many Inns/Lodgings and Hawthorn House is the best of all. The central location and being on a quiet side street was a bonus, Service was excellent The price was reasonable and the accommodations were comfortable and superbly kept. I plan to be in room 2 the same weekend next June! I better be careful so that the best kept secret on island doesn't become too popular!
Jean Bailey

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JeanBailey
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I travel frequently to Nantucket Island and always enjoy my accommodations at the Hawthorn House. The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated with a variety of paintings, lamps, and antiques. And the showers have excellent water pressure with plenty of hot water. There is a nice porch with rocking chairs and also a lovely backyard sitting area. Although I am sharing the house with other guests I feel that I have my privacy. The breakfast voucher that the Carls give are a great treat with your choice of two very nice restaurants that offer a variety of options. It is a pleasure to be in the heart of the town because I can walk to the restaurants, shops, wharves and many other charming points of interest.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Beautiful weather combined with a comfortable guest house in the heart of town.If being able to walk to everything and getting a great night sleep is on your agenda, the Hawthorn House is the perfect stop.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I loved the feel of this place as well as our warm and gracious innkeeper Diane. The staff member who was on duty in the evening was extrememly helpful and courteous as well. For a reasonable rate in Nantucket, I was concerned about the quality of our inn but to my great relief, the place was very clean and charming with great care and attention to details from the quality of the bedding to the original artwork throughout.
It is a smallish Inn and does not provide coffee or coffee makers in the rooms but I loved the fact that you could stroll out your door and be a quick walk from most everything in the morning and does include 9$ vouchers for breakfast a couple of blocks away. We would definitely stay here again upon our return. A cozy gem.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends