Hawthorn House
White Elephant Village | Residences & Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$218
76 Main(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$200
  • Breakfast included
21 Broad Hotel(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$211
  • Breakfast included
The Veranda House Hotel Collection(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$166
White Elephant(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$251
Union Street Inn(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$278
The Wauwinet(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$251
Jared Coffin House(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$190
  • Restaurant
The Nantucket Hotel & Resort(Nantucket)(Great Value!)
US$265
All reviewsbreakfast vouchersin towncubby holea small private balconygiven vouchersheart of downtownfirst floorextensive knowledgeb bsitting roomshops and restaurantsother guestsoff seasonthe ground floorminute walkamazing locationwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2012

The Inn is really in the center of town, but on a side street so there is really no noise when you are in side.
The owners are very friendly and even thou they are not there most of the time we did not need them as we got all we need it in our room.
We stayed on a room to the side of the main home, they call it "the cubbyhole" it has a small kitchen. We will love to go back to the same place next year.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank freddylada
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed in the suite on the third floor, which was great. We were steps from everything and had a great time. About a month before we were supposed to vacation we had to move our trip two weeks, Hawthorn House was great at accommodating the change. We had originally booked the king room, which wasn't available, but the suite turned out great. The ground floor rooms are right by the front door and I felt a bit bad for the people staying in those if they were in when we bumped our luggage a bit or came back after everything had quieted down for the night at the house. Not much was open super late though, I found the area very quiet (comparatively, I live on a main thoroughfare in a city) and we slept with the windows open. I definitely recommend Nantucket & Hawthorn House, particularly just past peak season (second week of September).

Room Tip: Stairs are a little steep to the third floor but those rooms will have the least foot traffic going by.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Location is how the Hawthorn House advertises themselves & they are right. It is ideally located in town. I have stayed in almost every room here. This time room 6 on the 2nd floor w/ lots of windows & light. The Hawthorn House doesn't give you breakfast but a $5 voucher (at this time) for one of 3 places. We liked the Easy St. Cantina & went there every day. I personally don't like B&B's only because they usually serve breakfast too early for me, so this works for me. There is coffee in the morning on the 2nd floor. The rooms are neat, well kept & reasonable for Nantucket. It's an easy walk from the ferries if you don't have too much luggage. We always walk. I think the Steamboat Wharf is a tad closer. For those who need the visitors' center, it is right on the corner. There is a sitting room on the 2nd floor. I can answer most questions about Nantucket & the Hawthorn House should anyone have any.

Room Tip: I have lots of tips; just ask.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chatnoir
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I found the Hawthorn House when looking for an inexpensive place to stay on the island. I have been to Nantucket a number of times and stayed at various places in town. This my new favorite! The location is terrific, one block from the whaling museum and Main St. I was pleasantly surprised to find a refrigerator in our room, with ice bucket and ice available from the owners, they even let me borrow a knife to cut my lime for cocktails which we enjoyed in the small courtyard behind the house. Free Wifi, beach towels, great water pressure, air conditioning and a ceiling fan made for a great place to rest between dining at the amazing restaurants and sightseeing. Another surprise was a $5.00 coupon to use at a few local places toward breakfast. We selected The Bean is just around the corner with great espressos and lime rickey's! Go to the Petticoat Row Bakery (also on Center St) for a blueberry muffin. We love to enjoy good coffee and breakfast at our own pace, so we weren't looking for a bed and breakfast and the Hawthorn perfectly met our needs. It is centrally located place to explore the town, with the freedom to sleep in and enjoy breakfast at our leisure. Our room was on the street and on the first floor, so we did hear some street noise, and of course the sounds of other guests coming in and out, but the a/c helped with that a bit. The affordable room rate allowed us to enjoy a romantic evening at the local french restaurant just around the corner, Le Languedoc on our last night. The owners go out of their way to make you feel at home and at ease.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bonnie c
Man-from-Nantucket, Owner at Hawthorn House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Thanks for your generous praise. It's reviews like this that keep us warm in the winter! Hawthorn House is looking forward to the next time you visit Nantucket. Cheers.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed overnight here and loved it. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The owners were nice and let us leave our bags there even after checkout so that we could explore the island without extra baggage. Location was great too! It was across from the information center and a block or two from the ferries and all the shopping. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 which was nice because it had a outside porch.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple