“Not special”

Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located a short stroll from Main Street, 29 Fair Street features three romantic candlelit dining rooms, each with original brick fireplaces, exposed beams and antique sconces which when paired with the world class cuisine creates an unforgettable dining experience.
Rumford
“Not special”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I made our reservation by phone one month in advance and requested a special table for two for a special birthday celebration. The gentleman who took my reservation was friendly, polite, enthusiastic, and "put us down" for the table in front of the window. I thought we were all set and was anticipating our first trip to a Todd English restaurant. When we arrived the haughty hostess walked us to the back to sit at one of those tables tables for 4 that are separated by 6 inches so two couple can sit there. Not okay; not what I was promised. When I raised this, she checked and no, there was no special table reserved for us. She did offer us a corner bench table which was lovely, but right by the kitchen door which continually swung open and shut. Our waiter was great. My salad was mediocre. Our entrees were quite fine. Unfortunately, we won't revisit Figs due to the disregard of my advance request and the hostess' attitude. It colored our evening. I also hoped for an acknowledgement of my husband's birthday since I raised it in advance. After fine dining in our home town of Providence, I have to say I was quite disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
SummerHouseMgmt, Manager at 29 Fair, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your dining experience did not meet your expectations. Accommodating our guests and providing the best possible service is of utmost importance to us, so I am extremely disappointed to hear that our staff did not treat you as they should have. You can be sure that we will address this issue. I do hope that you'll consider visiting us again for a much improved experience. Please email me at manager@thesummerhouse.com before you dine with us so that I can see to it that your next experience exceeds your expectations.

Rhode Island
“Romantic Gem On Nantucket”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Upon entering, we were immediately dazzled by the atmosphere; the building is very quaint and the dining rooms were sparkling with candlelight. We were seated in a lovely secluded booth in the center of the building. It took our waiter a bit to attend to a drink order, but, he was knowledgeable about the wine list and the menu selections and served us in a timely fashion from that point on. I had read that Fig was known for it's pizza so, we ordered two to share among the four of us and we were not disappointed. They were both delicious! Two of us ordered the halibut dish which was out of this world; I personally savored every morsel. My husband ordered a chicken dish which he thoroughly enjoyed and our other guest had the meatballs and pasta. We all tasted the meatballs which were light, flavorful and coated with a lovely red sauce. We were treated to tasty little dessert that we said we had no room for but, devoured!

• Visited September 2013
SummerHouseMgmt, Manager at 29 Fair, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible dining experience, so we appreciate it greatly when guests are willing to spread the word! Again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your next visit!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Superb Experience”
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Our visit surpassed expectations. The setting is quite quaint. Building is charming. Bathroom is a classic!

Artwork is appealing.

That said, the meals were top-notch. We had expected good from a Todd English establish,ent, but these were all excellent. Fish fresh (as expected in Nantucket), but the pasta, beef, and chicken were of equal quality. We would repeat.

Visited September 2013
SummerHouseMgmt, Manager at 29 Fair, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
We're so very glad to hear that you had a wonderful dining experience. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to your next visit!
Los Angeles, California
“Pleasant Evening”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The restaurant is almost charming, the tables are a bit to close
together to be truly wonderful.

The food was fine, nothing special but everything had nice flavor and was nicely presented, portions are a bit on the small side for the price.

Service was terrific.

Visited August 2013
SummerHouseMgmt, Manager at 29 Fair, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that our staff provided you with excellent service, though we are sorry that the food did not meet your expectations. We appreciate it when our guests are willing to provide thoughtful feedback because we want to know how we can improve to provide the best possible dining experience to all. We hope you'll consider visiting us again for a much improved experience!
Vero Beach, Florida
“Food and ambiance the best in Nantucket. Not pretentious and overpriced like so many other restaurants here”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The ambiance, service and espescially the food never disappoint. Rob is a great host. Mussels, pasta bolgnese, short ribs and pizzas are fabulous

• Visited August 2013
SummerHouseMgmt, Manager at 29 Fair, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We pride ourselves on serving the best quality cuisine and appreciate it very much when loyal friends take the time to spread the word. We look forward to seeing you again soon!