“The best way to see Nantucket!”
Review of Ara's Tours

Ara's Tours
Ranked #4 of 31 Tours in Nantucket
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were in Nantucket on Friday October 18th and 19th, after getting off the ferry we ran into ARA Tours and took a wonderful tour around the island! She was such a pleasant women, very knowledgeable and accommodating! She took the time to let us get out and take photo's, we never felt rushed! She took us to many great places for Kodak moments! She went the extra mile...I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting this beautiful island!!!

3  Thank NancyVykouk

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Enjoyed our tour around the island today. Very fun afternoon. Aras local knowledge, and humor were great and informative. Ara can fit a 12 passenger bus through some mighty tight spots all while telling a story with her old sea captain voice.

2  Thank MichaelStG
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The tour was nicely put together with a small group. We say a good part of the Island and was not rushed at any point. The guide knew the Island and shared her knowledge. She could be just a little nicer to people who take the tour thus enhancing the experience for all.

3  Thank William B
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Ara herself was our tour guide and she took my husband and I on one of the best tours we have ever taken--in any city--and we travel a lot! Her knowledge of not only historical facts were interesting, but her up-tp-date knowledge on the local happenings, people, etc. was very broad also! I believe in taking plenty of pictures of every place I visit and she was so accommodating and would stop the van (air conditioned) to allow me the chance to take pictures! She asked about any special interests we had and when she found out I was a School librarian, she made every effort to show me where many authors had lived and what novels they had written while staying there! One of the best informational, accommodating, and interesting tours I have ever taken--thank you Ara for going the extra mile to make this such a wonderful trip to Nantucket!

3  Thank Parrothead8738
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Ara the guide….it is hard to explain it in writing about her….. Her van was dirty and SOOOOOO CLUTTERED. We paid $150 for first hour, plus $100 per hour thereafter for a few hours of private touring around Nantucket with her, and would at least expect a clean van. The clutter behind her vision was awful. The clutter in the van pockets was awful. Just awful.

She speaks in an “effected voice”. Very dramatic and silly. We thought she was joking at first and then when she kept doing it, we were shocked!

If you want a professional guide service on Nantucket, Ara's Tours is not for you.

9  Thank TMY1
SailSalty, Owner at Ara's Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Thank you also for the TREASURE MAP that you bought for me at the SHIPWRECK AND LIGHT SAVING MUSEUM to add t my visor! . Your son apologized to me for your behavior.