Vanessa Noel Hotel
White Elephant(Nantucket)
Great 4.5/5
The Beachside(Nantucket)
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently spent a long weekend at this charming hotel…with the most comfortable bed I ever slept on! The exquisitely furnished room was spotless, the bathroom had all one could ask for and Hermes toiletries to boot! Vanessa’s staff was welcoming and accommodating. I can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donald D
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I went for my husband for a two night stay and it was awful. The first room was dirty, the paint was peeling off the ceiling, the tv was broke, and there were bugs in the lighting fixture. They moved us to a second room which had the same problems. We were then moved into the Vanessa Noel from the Green hotel and the room only fit the small double bed. The shampoo and lotion bottles were half used. The ac did not work. We could not call the front desk because the phone was not working! We ended up only staying one night and left!
When we went to the board the ferry a woman was also complaining about the hotel.
DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
17  Thank kristen p
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

The check in process took 15 minutes because the woman behind the desk was torn between checking me in and attending to a casual personal phone call.
The room was cozy and the bed was very comfortable. The location of the hotel was also very good.
When it came time to check out, the front office door was locked and no bill was placed under my door. It has been two months, an email and 3 phone calls later and not only have I not received a bill, I have not been able to make contact with anyone at the hotel as it always goes to an answering machine and calls are not returned.
While the hotel itself is fine, there are several other options in the area and I would avoid this one just for customer service headaches.

• Stayed: August 2013
8  Thank Caytie221
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel's only good qualities are the location and the staff. The Stiletto Room had paint hanging from the ceiling with a 3 by 4 foot dark water stain. Windows with broken panes and chipped paint are everywhere. The faucet in the bathroom leaked causing water to run everywhere. This hotel is absolutely not worth the price. Keep looking.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This was easily the smallest room my wife and I have ever stayed in. There was barely enough room to turn around or open a suitcase. At $350 per night that was a serious disappointment
The air conditioner in the room was ver loud, and it occasionally spit out small chunks of ice
The TV was fuzzy, and not very easy to control. The hotel staff were very helpful and the location was excellent, right in the middle of town with nice shops and restaurants. It was just way too cramped so we will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple