“Tucked away lunch spot”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Honestly, I don't think some people find this place because it's tucked way in back. We had a lovely lunch here and were certainly thankful for the recommendation. Since it was raining, it was actually nice to be tucked inside, nice and dry. My salad was well made, and not over dressed; my mom's special swordfish wrap looked amazing and with the exception of it being a bit messy, my mom loved it.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We're disappointed that we only found this place this year. What a treasure! Since it's BYOB, after a look at the menu, we chose a good pinot noir at Murray's. I started with the goat cheese tart - really a goat cheese soufflé, while E had the beet salad. Main course for E was the salmon, of which no shred remained on the plate, whileI had the beef tenderloin with mushroom sauce. The beef was perfectly cooked, the polenta steamy hot, with a wonderful flaky pastry crust beside the beef. Next time we're on Nantucket, we're going to try to lunch as well as dinner.

1  Thank Fred H
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went here after reading the great reviews, thanks trip advisor . They were all correct. My husband and I went for Dinner on a Wed night. Both the steak and seafood were excellent, service was great and the corkage fee was reasonable. Definitely would recommend this place if you are on Nantucket. All the restaurants are expensive but this was worth the money...

2  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We first dined at the Centre Street Bistro in 2012 and the quality was just great.

The Dinner service was truly wonderful as was the food. We enjoyed dinner so much we returned for breakfast and while the food quality was, again, just great, the service was a bit off, perhaps because they were so very busy.

Returning again in 2014, the food quality if possible is better!

It's small but worth any discomfort you might experience as a result of the size of the dining room.

1  Thank Ronzo4600
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My opinion...The food is unique and tasted excellent. We both loved it. The staff is fast and efficient. If you are going to be in the area, then we would definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank screenname609