“Best experience in Nantucket”

Company of the Cauldron
Ranked #39 of 141 Restaurants in Nantucket
Price range: US$75 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Reopening Mothers Day weekend May 8h, 9th, 10th If you want to feel as if you have your own private chef, make reservations to dine at The Company of the Cauldron. Located in the heart of Nantucket's Historic District, the abundant charm of this small red building with ivy-covered windows invites you to enter. Inside the doorway massed flowers greet you on the antique bakers rack. Just beyond, tables glow softly, lit only by candles. The kitchen is open and can be seen from the dining room. Classical harp music wafts in the background three evenings of the week. Romantic ambience abounds.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best experience in Nantucket”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I came to this restaurant after finding my initial destination was closed on Tuesdays; I walked in & asked for a table & the host said "let me check because we have already allotted the food for this eve"- huh? Turns out that this is a pre-set menu for a set price & wow was it terrific! I turned up just in time for the 3 course meal which this eve was a salad w/ stripped bass (AWESOME) & beef Wellington w/ potato au gratin- delish. I couldn't eat the desert so I took it back- cheesecake- sublime. One of the best meals & its so cozy I wound up chatting w/ the table next to me all night. Very good food & service. Try this out & you will love it.

• Visited July 2014

Wilton, Connecticut
“A Wonderful Surprise”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

On our latest trip to Nantucket, I wanted to find a place my husband had never been to before (he summered in Nantucket while growing up). This was no easy task, and was surprised when he said he had never been to the Company of the Cauldron when we walked passed by the apparently warm and inviting decor one day while shopping in town. His favorite food is lobster, so we decided to give it a try on lobster Monday there.

The meal, service and atmosphere were such an incredible, wonderful surprise. He was shocked that he hadn't ever been there after so many years! The food was fabulous (one of the BEST lobster bisques either of us ever had), and we wished we had had time to come again during our stay to try another menu. The restaurant has a cozy, romantic atmosphere, and the staff make you feel "right at home" - it really feels as if you are at a dinner party in someone's home. I cannot say enough about our experience!

Carmel, California
“Best Restaurant on Nantucket”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

As a long time summer visitor to Nantucket(50 Years), I have been to many restaurants. Since the Company of the Cauldron opened many years ago, the quality of the cuisine and the service levels have always been 5 Star. It is rare that a restaurant can keep these high standards over so many years. I love the Prix Fixe menu, where I can choose the night that has the menu I love. The current owners All and Andrea are outstanding as Executive Chef and host/hostess. They have kept the same staff for about 10 years which says they all enjoy working there and serving the many repeat dining guests. Candy and Mark are both excellent servers. All the staff are very welcoming and knowledgable about the wines and menus and they right up front ask if guests have allergies at the time of reservation. Going back to this restaurant every summer is like going home to see good friends and to enjoy a very delicious and creative menus.

2 Thank Betsie L
Connecticut
“One of best meals ever!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Had a last minute invite to Nantucket and wanted to take boss and his wife out for a fabulous dinner as a thank you. After research and some reassurance from locals, we went to Company of the Cauldron. What a treat, what a fabulous meal and everyone left saying they were so glad I pushed to go there ! The menu is fixed and changes every night so check to see what they are offering . The place is small so seating is limited so make sure to make reservations ahead of time if going to island in height of season. For each course, we were told what it was, what local ingredients were used , etc. all four of us for each course wiped the plates clean! We left full, satisfied and enjoyed the delightful atmosphere. They had a harpist that night that added to the pleasure. Chef who is also one of the owners came to table with check and talked to us and checked what we thought. Interesting history of the name. Recommended highly and will never go to Nantucket without a stop there !

somerset nj
“Always good”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is the 20th time we have eaten here. It is always good and consistent even though the menu changes weekly. Sometime you can be sitting right next to a celebrity, last week it was Eric Dane. The owners work in the restaurant for each meal seating and make sure everything is perfect.

• Visited May 2014