“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ships Inn Restaurant

Ships Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ships Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 138 Restaurants in Nantucket
Price range: US$1 - US$48
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Memphis, Tennessee
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I always love Ship's Inn but our last trip was too outstanding not to mention. The atmosphere is delightfully low key and Bob Maulder is a wonderful host. Andre makes a killer mojito, and the Dory Bar is an intimate place to kill a few minutes before sitting at table. On this visit I ordered the special, which was billed as "chef-caught tuna". Yes the chef doubles as a commercial fisherman and he actually had caught the fish he was serving. I do not exaggerate when I say that I think it was the best meal I have had in more than a decade of visits to Nantucket. Service was wonderful and the prices are always fair (by Nantucket standards). I hesitate to tell about this secret gem but this meal earned it. I am including a photo of the beautiful entree presentation as well.

1 Thank HowardMemphis

Fleming Island, Florida
“Southern girl goes north”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

The breakfast was a different great experience every morning,the food was great. The dinners were very good and plated beautifully. The wait staff was so good our glass never got 1/2empty before they were refilled. The server was a very experienced young lady and very interesting.Bob the manger was so warm and welcoming .

• Visited September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delightful new find in Nantucket”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Despite our many trips to Nantucket, we'd not discovered Ships Inn until recently. Our first dinner there was so good that we cancelled reservations at another restaurant and went back to Ships Inn a second time. We were not disappointed. Recommendations: the halibut was out of this word; the beet salad with goat cheese was the best ever, and do not leave without ordering the fabulous souffle.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank skylrk
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Wow outstanding!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Great rock fish and the lobsters. The service was great and had not been in years. Wow it was great. It was an enjoyable evening

Visited August 2013
Gainesville, GA
“Love the ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I think it is so cool to have dinner in a quaint basement of a B&B and this really is about atmosphere. I had the field greens with Goat Cheese and it was FABULOUS! I ate at the bar and it was amusing that the bartender disagreed with my prounounciation of Meritage and even after i showed it on google (the funnier was when he mis prounounced Sommelier as Som a leer) Not to be a wine snob but whatever! I guess i should understand when he complained about non-smoking poker rooms in Vegas (the ONLY person i have EVER heard complain) Anyway, had the Filet and where is was tender, even with the gorgonzola crust, still not a ton of flavor. But all in all 5 stars.

• Visited August 2013