“an Island ICON”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
“an Island ICON”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

if you get breakfast on island this is the place to go. this is a hometown diner with great service like you are family. The selection of breakfast meals is fantastic. their hollandaise was real. that what I am talking about.

Visited May 2014

“Anything but the hash”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The Downyflake has been an island institution for more years than I can count, and it's a good reason for it. The food is reliable, plentiful, and reasonably priced. Today however, I veered from my usual eggs or omelettes and ordered the hash. Big mistake. It had the texture of something that had been frozen, freezer burned, then thawed out and cooked. A huge disappointment for a place that does everything else so well. Hopefully they'll see this and rectify the situation, but in the future if you have a hankering for hash, I wouldn't have it at the Downyflake.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank dobiemom12
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“"Simple and Satisfying"”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Went for breakfast many times and every time it was delicious and filling. Prices are the best on the island. Locals frequent this spot so you know it's goood. Laid back atmosphere and super friendly staff. Bright, clean, and cheery.

• Visited December 2013
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Nantuckets diner”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Love this place. Always know what to expect, and they always deliver. Nothing fancy, but DELICIOUS! Pesto scramble is yum! Favorite doughnuts ever, small, crispy and amazing goodness. Don't be fooled, this is a great lunch spot too, and often the best deal in town. Standard cheeseburger and fries are always a good option, or go for some fresh fried seafood!
Be advised, super packed in the mornings though. Early start a must!

• Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hometown diner atmosphere, known for breakfast”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We arrived in the early afternoon and so it wasn't really breakfast we wanted, but what we saw of the breakfast food was good looking and I wished I had gone for it after all. We all ordered the home cooked turkey dinner instead. It would have been superb, but the meat had started to get dry around the edges and if you had it covered in gravy, you probably would not have noticed. I don't eat gravy. I ate some of the food and then I packed it up so I could fix it up at home later. It was too close to an overcooked meal at a diner. So I was a bit disappointed, but I will try them again for breakfast.

Visited January 2014