“Good value, good food”

Sayle's Seafood
Ranked #47 of 144 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We liked eating at Sayle's a lot - especially good value and nice people. They kind of forgot to tell us our food was ready (most people go there for takeout) but it was just a random snafu on the part of the person at the register. We recommend the place a lot - for non-fussy, non-pretentious, really good seafood.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

On every trip to Nantucket, my family and I would come here for clam chowder, fried chicken, fish and chips, clams casino, lobsters, etc. We bring the food back to our hotel, usually White Elephant, to enjoy this delicious homestyle-cooked food with wine or beer. In May 2014, we were sad to see the sign saying Mr. Sayles has passed away. RIP. Mr. Sayles, you've created a wonderful food legacy for all who visit Nantucket. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went to this highly touted diner for fish and chips. Both the fries and fish were unbelievably greasy and very expensive. Service was nonexistent. Counter staff were indifferent.

Save your hard earned money and look elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I ordered 2 quarts of clam chowder and 2 pounds of scallops to be delivered to my family. I placed my order but they needed to call me back with the shipping fees. I gave them my credit card but told them I wanted to know the fees prior to being charged. I called them twice because they never called back. I was checking my bank statement online and saw they charged me $194.00 !!! They never informed me of the cost, otherwise I would have canceled. I went to the store and tried to communicate with the staff but no one spoke English. I was able to reach the owner on the phone and he offered me a $5 reimbursement !! I went home and the next day received a call that $20 was reimbursed via my credit card. I NEVER saw that money !! Just an FYI...the orders were shipped 3 miles apart in same town in western Massachusetts.

1  Thank Mariellen C
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Made my wife walk 15 minutes from "downtown" Nantucket. It was a great meal but you are definitely "slumming it". There is no white table clothe. There are plastic chairs at a wobbly table looking over the harbor. The boiled whole lobster with "chowda", potatoes, and corn was served in an aluminum foil container. $36 for the best food I ate on Cape Cod. Nantucket is great.