“Quick trip to TC”

Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Acme
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Stayed and enjoyed HI Express in Acme. Was able to check in early. Took really good care of me as a Priority Club Member- and was automatically given a Bay View room. Hotel was quiet and nice. Carpeting could stand replacing in the hallway, but probably better to wait until after the busy season.
Really liked our room. Breakfast and pool were great in the AM.
Was granted a late checkout which was perfect as we needed a little more time. Very friendly front desk worker this morning. She was very helpful to me and my husband.
Second time staying at this hotel- and found it to be great both times! Will be back again!

Room Tip: Bay View rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We love the Intercontinental brand (husband works there, to be fair), so chose the Holiday Inn Express. Hotel was nicely located near Traverse City. It has the advantage of facing west for the sunset and has a nice view of the lake.

The pool (indoor) was a big hit with the kids (who had been at camp and swimming in "freezing" Lake Michigan for four weeks).

Breakfast was nice, as expected, though I would like to see the brand do actual oatmeal in lieu of instant (as that is all I eat).

We were able to do laundry - very important (with camp clothing that made the entire car smell).

Great venues from dining to award-winning Mummers iced cream just down the road.

Recommend Pirates Cove for familes not far away.

Great staff, very clean, nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for top level (to see the lake and sunset), third floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express because my husband was working in the area. We stayed the first week for 5 days but had to move on the 6th day because the hotel was booked. My husband got us a late checkout because he works midnights and needed his sleep before moving to another hotel. Our checkout was at 2pm but we were like 10 minutes late leaving. This housekeeper, a heavy set women with black hair and glasses came pounding on the door, I opened the door and told her we were packing up almost ready to leave and we were sorry for being late, my husband overslept. I asked her to get me a cart to pack the stuff out faster and she got all rude with me. She was actually arguing with me talking really loud telling me we needed to be out of that room. I have never been talked to by anyone like this lady talked to me. Well we let this slide and re-checked back in a day later for the rest of our trip. On the third day we had left for lunch and came back to find a letter on the bed from this same housekeeper saying we had been smoking in the room which was very untrue. So I contacted the front desk and they ended up taking the maids word for it and charged our credit card 200 dollars and said we would get it back at the end of our stay once we check out and the manager checks our room. Well we have a debit card so it takes 2 weeks for that money to return to our card. We usually always stay at Holiday Express but I would not reccomend the Traverse City Holiday Inn Express, it was a terrible experience thanks to the housekeeper!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Tash272011
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Our son was married last weeked in Williamburg. This hotel was minutes from the venue. We used Priority Club points and bought therest of points we needed for the 2 nights. Check in was fast. I needed a scissors for a last minute repair and the desk immediately provided me one. The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms had a large area around the sink for both my husband and I and all of all belongings. The hotel was off of the main highway so there was no road noise. i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights during our vacation. The room was nice and bright. The pool is pleasant. The pool is indoors, but has a door with access to the outside, so you can work on your tan. The pool and hot tub were very clean. The only annoying aspect was the maintenance man that kept letting the doors slam every time he came through between the fitness room and whatever other room he was working on. He did this many times. I would definitely recommend this motel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mamamulk2
Reviewed 12 December 2010

We stayed in Dec 2010. This hotel is very nice for the price. We went with a group and the rest of the group stayed at Gd Traverse. We all thought it was funny that they paid double us, but our hotel room was more updated than theirs and we had breakfast and a pool/hot tub (theres was closed). The service was great. We loved the coffee and fresh apples in the lobby. We went in the hot tub a few times. The room was clean and updated and we had a nice view of the bay. The bathroom was huge and updated. Location was good for us as we were there for the casino and it was very close. For people that are going to go to the beach or downtown, it is not downtown and requires a short drive. My only complaints which are not a big deal at all is that the shower didnt have much pressure and perhaps it needed a new showerhead and that we like pool/hot tubs that are open all night so we can relax prior to going to bed even if we get back late. Also, I loved that they had a computer for use, but it was out of service so hopefully they will fix it soon. We will definately stay here again for the $55 price that we got...it was much nicer than the other hotels in the area for that price.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lawyer01
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I've stayed here with the family a few times becuase it's very clean, it's comfortable, and it's typically a very good price for a hotel close to Traverse City. There is a pool, hot tub, and free deluxe continental breakfast (eggs, sausage, etc.). The free wireless internet works well and the hotel is generally quiet. My only recommendations are that the CRT tv in the room be replaced as well as the low-pressure shower head.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lotzasmiles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acme
Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Traverse City
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Best Western Plus Traverse City
Best Western Plus Traverse City
#3 of 40 in Traverse City
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort
Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City? Share your experiences!