“Average But Clean” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Acme
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Average But Clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

I guess I'm in a hard spot when it comes to booking a room. I have 3 kids and one being an infant. We booked this hotel for 4 nights but leftthe next morning because the room was just to small for all of us. Nothing against this hotel but it was just our lack of sleep that night. The hotel staff was very polite and helpful. The breakfast at this Holiday Inn Express was right on key for the franchise. The pool was a bit small but very clean and refreshing. My other downfall was the lack of sidewalks along the main rad. I took the kids out for a morning walk and found ourselves walking along the side of the road through grass and dirt. Kinda tricky when your pushing a stroller. Besides that, The location to Traverse City was great. A short drive and you were right in the heart of it all. For buisness travelers or a small family, This hotel was perfect. But, for 5 of us, it was a bit tight.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

My husband took a job 6 weeks before our condo was ready and I was able to be with him. (Early summer 2011) He had a cheaper motel during the week but had to move on the weekends because that small motel was full. One weekend we ended up here. What a nice break. Large, bright, clean room. Pool, hallways and common areas were well cared for. Not fancy but you don't pay the bucks for the hotels directly on the bay or closer in to Traverse City. If you just need a nice place to sleep this is great. Not the best free breakfast but, gee whiz, it was free and the coffee was very good. Go for the wonderful things to do in TC and stay in a uncomplicated, clean, comfortable, basic hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
ann arbor
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We only stayed here because we got a great deal of $130 a night for a room with a pull out sofa and a kitchenette.

The rooms are large enough, clean and what you would expect from a low-mid range chain hotel. The bedding has been updated: white sheets, white duvet cover, blue blanket and thankfully no nasty comforter. Bathroom was clean and had hairdryer and large tub.
The walls are papered and pretty tacky, but it's to be expected.
TV was a good size and had a good amt of channels. Only downside was they had no movie ordering program, so we were stuck with cable tv.

Breakfast was average junk food continental breakfast. White bagels, toast, cereal, danishes, muffins, coffee, fruit. Everything is plastic or paper - no real silverware or plates or mugs. So wasteful and tacky.

The pool faces the lobby and so you have to walk through the lobby to get to the pool, which is kind of strange for those checking in.

The mattress was very hard and my back was sore every day from it. I dont mind a hard mattress, but it was a rock!

The location is a bit of a drive from TC. Not too bad, but if you drove several hours to get there, it does mean more road time, which is a downer. The other Holiday Inn is right downtown AND on the water! We would have stayed there (or another closer hotel) had we known.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Marshall, MIchigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel just outside Traverse City for a quick late summer getaway. It is situated just off a busy road, and it's easy to miss the turn. The staff were pleasant and helpful. We were surprised to see so many people working the front desk, which was very busy. It made check-in a breeze. Our room faced the back and had no view to speak of, but it was quiet and comfortable - all that we needed. Our only complaint was the pillows - which were foam that seemed to be coming apart inside. Not comfortable at all!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Stayed and enjoyed HI Express in Acme. Was able to check in early. Took really good care of me as a Priority Club Member- and was automatically given a Bay View room. Hotel was quiet and nice. Carpeting could stand replacing in the hallway, but probably better to wait until after the busy season.
Really liked our room. Breakfast and pool were great in the AM.
Was granted a late checkout which was perfect as we needed a little more time. Very friendly front desk worker this morning. She was very helpful to me and my husband.
Second time staying at this hotel- and found it to be great both times! Will be back again!

Room Tip: Bay View rooms are the best.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

We love the Intercontinental brand (husband works there, to be fair), so chose the Holiday Inn Express. Hotel was nicely located near Traverse City. It has the advantage of facing west for the sunset and has a nice view of the lake.

The pool (indoor) was a big hit with the kids (who had been at camp and swimming in "freezing" Lake Michigan for four weeks).

Breakfast was nice, as expected, though I would like to see the brand do actual oatmeal in lieu of instant (as that is all I eat).

We were able to do laundry - very important (with camp clothing that made the entire car smell).

Great venues from dining to award-winning Mummers iced cream just down the road.

Recommend Pirates Cove for familes not far away.

Great staff, very clean, nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for top level (to see the lake and sunset), third floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Traverse City, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express because my husband was working in the area. We stayed the first week for 5 days but had to move on the 6th day because the hotel was booked. My husband got us a late checkout because he works midnights and needed his sleep before moving to another hotel. Our checkout was at 2pm but we were like 10 minutes late leaving. This housekeeper, a heavy set women with black hair and glasses came pounding on the door, I opened the door and told her we were packing up almost ready to leave and we were sorry for being late, my husband overslept. I asked her to get me a cart to pack the stuff out faster and she got all rude with me. She was actually arguing with me talking really loud telling me we needed to be out of that room. I have never been talked to by anyone like this lady talked to me. Well we let this slide and re-checked back in a day later for the rest of our trip. On the third day we had left for lunch and came back to find a letter on the bed from this same housekeeper saying we had been smoking in the room which was very untrue. So I contacted the front desk and they ended up taking the maids word for it and charged our credit card 200 dollars and said we would get it back at the end of our stay once we check out and the manager checks our room. Well we have a debit card so it takes 2 weeks for that money to return to our card. We usually always stay at Holiday Express but I would not reccomend the Traverse City Holiday Inn Express, it was a terrible experience thanks to the housekeeper!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tash272011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acme
Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
#8 of 40 in Traverse City
BEST WESTERN PLUS Traverse City
BEST WESTERN PLUS Traverse City
#2 of 40 in Traverse City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City? Share your experiences!