“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Acme
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Clean! The most important thing on my list! Great location. Just a couple miles from the hub-bub of Traverse City. In the main lobby, there's a cozy little living room space with a fire. Great place to read! The beds are very comfortable and we slept great. There is a free breakfast but it's all very processed and tasteless. There are many good breakfast choices in town though. Great view of the lake. Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YAYcamping

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pendleton
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Upon check in, I was given a room on the 2nd floor but when I asked to be moved to the 3rd, it was easily accommodated. Breakfast was ok the first 2 mornings. A late start and a too early start on day 3 &4, did not have breakfast. The beds are a little bit on the too firm side. By the 3rd night my hip hurt from what felt like the mattress springs. A very rambunctious young hockey team seemed to control the hotel the last evening. After a call and walk down to the front desk withinn 30 minutes, the front desk was able to get a hold of a coach to stop the running & yelling. To my surprise at check out, 2 nights had been over charged at 70.00 per night. After a talk withe the employee in charge the rates were adjusted. (my rates had not been verbally reviewed with me at check in, or I could have compared to my email confirmation). They did make all things right.

• Stayed October 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights for work. Best reasonably priced option. Did have a major wireless outage the first night, which took too long to fix, but otherwise OK. Nice rooms. Spacious. Great hot breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We were in town for a wedding at The Grand Traverse Resort and Spa which is just 1-1/2 miles away. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and the location is off the main street which helps with traffic noise. Nice area for taking short walks. The 4 pillows on each queen size bed were an added bonus, excellent breakfast. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a view of the lake vs a view of the parking lot. If you don't mind...
Grand Blanc
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Pros: Room was clean and hot breakfast in the morning was very good - sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and warm cinnamon rolls. Free Wifi

Cons: I really just wanted a good nights sleep. I have a baby at home and I wanted one night of uninterrupted sleep. No such luck. The couple above us turned on their jacuzzi at 2 am. It sounded like a freight train was in our room. I was up for an hour and a half. The bed was hard and I tossed and turned all night. I finally gave up on getting any sleep - I woke up more tired than I would have been at home!

The shower did not have much pressure and when my husband was taking one, he ran out of hot water. This should never happen at a hotel! He's also tall and the shower head was really low - he had to bend down to wash his hair. There was also no fan in the bathroom.

We are used to being able to rent a movie right in our room. Again, with a baby at home, we don't get to watch many of those. We did not have that option here.

Our view was of an electrical tower. I was not expecting a great view of the bay - I knew we weren't going to be right on the water but I wasn't expecting an ugly eyesore right out my window.

We will not be staying here again. We were exhausted on the 4 hour car trip home as we didn't get much sleep. This is our 3rd trip to Traverse City together and it was our worst hotel stay. The hot breakfast saved our rating from being a one.

1 Thank Wiva34
Jessica F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
We here at the Holiday Inn Express would like to extend our sincerest apologies for your less than perfect stay at our hotel. We thank you for making note of the issues that you were faced with during your stay and will continue to strive to make each and every guest feel welcome and rested. Again we apologize and hope that you give us another chance in the future.
Saugatuck
Reviewed 3 October 2011

From the time we checked until departure, it was a nice surprise. After the long trip in, we were really in the mood for a nice spot for dinner and the front staff was very helpful with the perfect restaurant. Lots of bed pillows, room very clean, bath clean, nice shower, room decor is clean and crisp. We had two queen beds, so I will sleep in one because I snore and it was great that I could set the room air-conditioner fan to operate in a constant mode and this ambient sound helps to drown out some of the noise for my wife. We stayed two nights and expect to stay here on our next visit.

1 Thank Richard R
We would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and we as a team strive to make and keep all guests happy and satisfied, we pride ourselves on great customer service! We are very happy to see you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you be part of our Holiday Inn Express family.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Location was good and we had a nice view from our room. Room was clean and hotel looked nice from outside. But I felt the hallways, common areas, and breakfast area were in need of attention.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank retiretravel46
Jessica F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
I would like to thank you for staying with our property and for your input about our hotel. We find it very helpful to see things from a new set of eyes. Throughout the winter we will be doing some updating of the hotel, we hope to see you again and look forward to hearing more feed back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acme
Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Traverse City
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Hampton Inn Traverse City
Hampton Inn Traverse City
#10 of 40 in Traverse City
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City? Share your experiences!