“Priceline find- nice hotel, no changes able to be made”

Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Acme
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Priceline find- nice hotel, no changes able to be made”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We visited this hotel as a stay on our way to Boyne mountain, and it was a great $55 priceline name your own price find so there is really no room to complain. The TV in our room had to be turned on/off a couple of times to get the sound working, but the beds and rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was great for being an express breakfast.

Only advice I would give is with priceline, they will not accommodate you at all. Reana was the guest service rep when we checked in sunday night, there was barely anyone staying at the hotel, yet she was unable to switch our double bed room to one bed without a $30 upcharge, or even place us close to the pool or elevator. With other priceline stays this was not a big deal at all, so just good to know for the future.

Room Tip: Only one elevator in the center. So if you have a good amount to carry make sure you are centrally l...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jo Ellen V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your room and the complimentary deluxe hot breakfast. You will be happy to hear we are in the process of resolving the issues with the TVs. We are sorry to hear you felt unaccommodated at check in. We try to honor guest requests as best we can; however, complimentary upgrades are reserved for our IHG Rewards Club Members who have reached Platinum Elite status. I encourage you to sign up for the free rewards program, so you may start earning great benefits as well. Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Grand Ledge, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Decent hotel. They need to update heating options in rooms. Much better choice than casino/hotel up the road, especially for conferences. I would recommend this hotel even more highly if they could update their heating units. Critical in January in Northern MI!!!!

Room Tip: Check on heater before agreeing to stay in the room. Mine was noisy all night.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jo Ellen V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Could you please contact us directly regarding your concerns about the heating unit so that we may address it if there is an issue? You may call us at 231-938-2600 or email us at fd@tcholidayinnex.com. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!
Pentwater, Michigan
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Cannot say enough of the professionalism of the staff! Our first stay, will be hard to beat!!
Room A PLUS! Staff A PLUS!
Compliments GALORE!!
This resort is out of the way, hidden behind Sleep Inn, no tell tale signs until your past it.
Shame because it deserves to be well marked!
Breakfast is nice. Clean. Adequate.
If one negative could be wall to wall you can hear everything plainly. Bring a sound machine, will completely block out noise.
Enjoy the stay!

Room Tip: Worth going out of town for! Look carefully for it is behind Sleep Inn in Acme. Excellent stay!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jo Ellen V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We strive to exceed guest expectations and make every stay wonderful, just like yours. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 2 February 2014

It's been a long time since I've had a bad stay at a Holiday Inn Express but this visit was not good. Stayed here for three nights. First time I have not been upgraded as a Platinum member. While that would've been nice it is not the reason I was disappointed with this stay. First, my room door is not seated in the jamb correctly. With the door closed there is actually a gap between the door and the jamb that is wide enough to look through. When I notified the staff of this, they told me there were no other rooms available. So the next day when I asked if I could switch rooms I was told I would have to check out and then wait until 3pm to check back in sicne they were sold out the night before. When I told the new front desk person about the door jamb, she just said there was nothing she could do about it. I was just shocked they would make me check out and then wait around for a room. Not very good customer service. I cerntianly didn't think I was beind unreasonable or asking for something outrageous.

The TV was also a pain. Everytime I shut it off, I couldn't restart it without having to reset it. That entailed unplugging it for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in and letting is sit for 7 minutes. DOn't know if this was a TV issue or cable box problem. Either way, it was a pain.

Holiday Inn Express is my brand but I'll be going to the Holiday Inn in Traverse City from now on.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jo Ellen V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We are here for the guest and do everything we can to make each stay wonderful. The responses you received are not typical of our staff and I am very sorry your issues were not handled to your satisfaction. We try to upgrade Platinum members whenever we can, but when we are busy it isn't always possible. You should be pleased to hear we are in the process of finding a solution to the TV box issues. Would you please contact us directly via phone at 231.938.2600 or email at fd@tcholidayinnex.com so we may address the issue with the door? If you could let us know what room you were in during your stay, we can get someone up there right away to look at the door. Again I apologize for the inconvenience and the way you were treated. I hope you choose to stay with us again so we may show you what you have come to love and expect from a Holiday Inn Express.
Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stay in HI Expresses a LOT, because they're clean and comfortable, AND almost all of them use unscented laundry detergent. For us, that's a big, big issue -- we're both badly allergic to laundry scents. So this one is a typical HI Expr, fine in all things, BUT they scent their sheets. Hard to say why - it's no extra cost to get unscented detergent, and several place have told us it's cheaper.

And when I told the manager, the next morning, about the problem and that we'd never be able to stay there again, she obviously did not care one iota that we had had a disastrous stay -- not their fault, but we were miserable, and it was surprising that the front disk was utterly indifferent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoseTheWrangler
Jo Ellen V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
I would like to apologize for your negative encounter with our laundry products and the way the situation was handled by our staff. I assure you we do everything to make our guests as comfortable and happy as possible so they may enjoy their stay. I assure you I will make this a top priority so no other guests have to encounter such a situation. Again I apologize and hope that you will give us another chance in the future to make your stay everything it should be.
Clearwater Beach, Fl
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We wanted Holiday Inn Express to know that we have had a wonderful relationship at your Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Acme, Mich. The person we'd like to give kudos to is Jo Ellen Vert. She has always been appreciative of us in the years we have stayed there. We wanted her to be recognized as the outstanding manager she is by some of her loyal quests. Paul and Josephine

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jo Ellen V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for your kind words! A great leader is only as good as those surrounding them. I have a fantastic staff and am proud to manage such a great group of people. It is so wonderful to know that all of our hard work is appreciated. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!
Allegan, Michigan
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the entire weekend. We arrived late Friday night to find that someone had smoked in our bathroom. We shut the door and went to bed. Saturday am we had a cold shower. I went to the front desk Saturday am to address the issues before leaving for the day. The desk clerk admitted hot water was an issue, but would rectify both issues. Arrived back late on Saturday pm to still find that we had a smoke smell still in our bathroom. Sunday morning still cold shower. I addressed the same issues with the same desk clerk. She was very sorry, but couldnt address reversing our room charges. I then spoke to Jennifer, the manager on duty. She was very nice admitting that the hotel hot water system couldnt keep up with the demand because they were sold out on rooms. However, she couldnt comp our entire stay. She did comp 1/2 of our charges and promised 10,000 points. I asked her if 10,000 points would give us a night at this hotel. Well not at this hotel, but some hotel at Holiday Inn. My net bill was $216.96! Not bad for a camp site. So sad! Will not return to this hotel again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jack G
Jo Ellen V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback, good and bad. We sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. That is not normal for this property and we will definitely look into them. The manager on duty did everything she could to rectify the situation and we hope you will give us another chance to "wow" you in the future. Again, we are very sorry for the inconveninces that interfered with your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acme
Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City
Best Western Plus Traverse City
Best Western Plus Traverse City
#3 of 40 in Traverse City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City? Share your experiences!